• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Talk about bad luck

Charles Cook

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
5:53 PM
Reaction score
I’ve been late for work every day this week.
DOT closed a 5mile stretch of the interstate that I use to travel too work.
So decided to take less traveled road, so I thought.
Well I crossed the hill and boom there’s the popo. Not speeding but he dropped in behind me anyway.
To my surprise he lights me up. He came to the drivers window and said license regulation and proof of insurance. Yes sir here you are.
Mr. Cook do you know why I stopped you? No sir. Your tag is expired. No ****? WOW I’ll get that taken care of immediately.
Here’s you a $232.50 ticket have a nice day.
It gets better.
On my way to the DMV. Fun Fun Fun. Well, they say no record of property tax payment. So off to the tax office in another town. Pay the taxes again. Head to DMV in that town to keep from going back across town.
Well I look in the mirror and guess who? Damn I can’t get to the DMV around the corner without getting stopped a second time in 2 1/2 hours.
When I get this sticker I’m going home. Lol.

E9AB295C-E145-4FE4-89DB-A4D4B58298CB.png

30D739D2-03E9-4BAD-A4C1-E8CB92D6657A.jpeg

11E7FC68-23ED-4474-A034-1D8C4924C6A5.jpeg

That just purely stinks! Hope the rest of your day was better. Sometimes you’re the bug, sometimes you’re the windshield.

I'm going to go get my tags monday.

We get renewal letters around 4 weeks out from the renewal date for registration here.

That sucks about your day Mike......makes you wonder why all that crap happened in the same day.

$232.50, holy smokes, not like you are a criminal or anything. That really blows, I would think that you used up your bad luck for the year. Should be smooth sailing for the rest of 23, right? This same thing just happened to our daughter out in Denver. Of course she is a gorgeous blonde and had 2 young kids in back. She was told to get to the DMV pronto with a verbal warning......

We are now officially hanging out with an outlaw!!

All of that sucks, the same thing happened to me and wife some 40 years ago. We weren't 200 feet from the house and got pulled over. I looked at my wife and said, I'm not going fast enough yet to get a speeding ticket. A female officer comes to my window and said, do you know why I pulled you over. I looked at her and said, I have no idea, you just saw me pull out of my driveway. She said that my tags had expired. I looked at my wife and then again at her and said that's impossible, I never got a notice. The wife and I started talking among ourselves as if the cop wasn't even there. Now we start arguing about the whole thing and the cop yells, EXCUSE ME. I said excuse me to the cop and got out of the car and looked at the plates. I get back in and me and the wife start arguing again. The cop yells EXCUSE ME. I look at her and she said, JUST TURN AROUND AND GO HOME and walks back to her car. I went home and got my truck and off we went to the store, still arguing about how all of this could have happened. No notice in the mail, no ticket and a cop who got tried of us arguing and was kind enough to let us go. Lesson learned. I don't think in todays world the outcome for us would have been the same.

WOW Mike sorry buddy,how did you forget ? Thats right the 20 cars you have :lol:
:poke:

I’ve been late for work every day this week.
DOT closed a 5mile stretch of the interstate that I use to travel too work.
So decided to take less traveled road, so I thought.
Well I crossed the hill and boom there’s the popo. Not speeding but he dropped in behind me anyway.
To my surprise he lights me up. He came to the drivers window and said license regulation and proof of insurance. Yes sir here you are.
Mr. Cook do you know why I stopped you? No sir. Your tag is expired. No ****? WOW I’ll get that taken care of immediately.
Here’s you a $232.50 ticket have a nice day.
It gets better.
On my way to the DMV. Fun Fun Fun. Well, they say no record of property tax payment. So off to the tax office in another town. Pay the taxes again. Head to DMV in that town to keep from going back across town.
Well I look in the mirror and guess who? Damn I can’t get to the DMV around the corner without getting stopped a second time in 2 1/2 hours.
When I get this sticker I’m going home. Lol.

View attachment 1442713

View attachment 1442714

View attachment 1442715
If you want your luck to change, You have to stop driving that Ford.
Not sure what the laws are in SC but here in AL if you get a ticket for an expired tag, no insurance, nonworking light, or something like that, you can get the issue fixed before the court date and bring the documentation to court to show the judge that the problem has been fixed, they'll drop the ticket.

I think so what he said Mike. My son got pulled for the same and they dropped it when he went in for court.

I was at our DMV this past week to get my 6T4 plate registered back onto my Polara hardtop,as it had last been registered to my convertible, which I sold. A couple of years ago, our Ontario premier did away with the requirement of annual sticker renewals, and gave us back the previous 2 years of renewal fees. This was an obvious re-election ploy that worked for him. I asked the DMV girl, that if I was no longer required to purchase an annual validation sticker, why did I have to still check in annually at the office. She said it was mainly to update their records that I had proper insurance, and to update odometer readings. In Ontario, the validation date is on our birthday. I asked the girl if Ontario still sends out a reminder to update our information annually, as they used to do to purchase the validation sticker. She answered that in my case, since I was over 70 years of age, I would be mailed a reminder. For Ontario drivers under the age of 70, the onus was on them to remember the renewal date. Ontario Provincial Police cruisers now are equipped with a camera that scans your licence plate to see if the required information is up to date. If the driver has forgotten this annual requirement, he is issued a ticket.

We are now officially hanging out with an outlaw!!

All of that sucks, the same thing happened to me and wife some 40 years ago. We weren't 200 feet from the house and got pulled over. I looked at my wife and said, I'm not going fast enough yet to get a speeding ticket. A female officer comes to my window and said, do you know why I pulled you over. I looked at her and said, I have no idea, you just saw me pull out of my driveway. She said that my tags had expired. I looked at my wife and then again at her and said that's impossible, I never got a notice. The wife and I started talking among ourselves as if the cop wasn't even there. Now we start arguing about the whole thing and the cop yells, EXCUSE ME. I said excuse me to the cop and got out of the car and looked at the plates. I get back in and me and the wife start arguing again. The cop yells EXCUSE ME. I look at her and she said, JUST TURN AROUND AND GO HOME and walks back to her car. I went home and got my truck and off we went to the store, still arguing about how all of this could have happened. No notice in the mail, no ticket and a cop who got tried of us arguing and was kind enough to let us go. Lesson learned. I don't think in todays world the outcome for us would have been the same.
I used to let my X take care of all of that including paying the bills but it didn't take too long to figure out that she really sucked at all of that and did it myself. Have I said yet I'm glad she's gone?? Uh, probably way too many times lol

You don't get a renewal in the mail from DMV ? a few months beforehand ?
I get mine both through snail mail and email. The cool thing is, the Plymouth and old D150 are 10 bucks a year and I can get 5 year plates.

Auto Transport Service
Back