• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Tamraz products opinions

Aarons Air

Local time
2:55 PM
Reaction score
I recently bought a 6 piece rear window windlace plastic molding set from Tamraz. The two side pieces are cut to fit. However, all the ( extra material ) was on the top section of each piece. Which allows plenty of fitting room side to side. But zero on the vertical adjustment, due to the top corners being molded in place. The drivers side section i received is 2 inches too short to fit behind the bottom corner piece. And it's impossible to slide the slack around the top corner, without heating/ distorting its shape. Has anyone else experienced this, or had fitting problems with their other products ?

First of all, he doesn't "make" the stuff. Second, I've bought most of my AMD sheet metal from him and have no complaints - great service, fast delivery, low prices.

First of all, he doesn't "make" the stuff. Second, I've bought most of my AMD sheet metal from him and have no complaints - great service, fast delivery, low prices.
I did not say or imply that he did " make " the stuff. So no need to reply with a dispute, friend.
I just emailed them. And got a response from someone named Rob. He asked me to send pics. And said he's never been " told " that they were cut to fit. That statement alone tells me he is unfamiliar with the product he sells. Thanks.

As for Amd sheet metal, my right quarter is from them. It fit well. My only complaint about it was the holes for moldings did not line up.

There's really no such thing as a "Tamraz product" - they're resellers/drop shippers, like so many others.
What gets weird to me sometimes is when you have a drop shipper reselling a product from another drop shipper/reseller
and an item winds up getting re-sold a couple three times before it gets to you.

You'd think the simple answer would be to go directly to the manufacturer of a given part ("the source"), right?
Not always - turns out the original brand named part is itself rebranded, too.
In still other cases, the original manufacturer won't sell directly or their "direct to you" price is artificially inflated in an
effort to "protect" the distributors.

It's hard to drill down to the actual manufacturer oftentimes... makes warranty issues a pain in the ***.

There's really no such thing as a "Tamraz product" - they're resellers/drop shippers, like so many others.
What gets weird to me sometimes is when you have a drop shipper reselling a product from another drop shipper/reseller
and an item winds up getting re-sold a couple three times before it gets to you.

You'd think the simple answer would be to go directly to the manufacturer of a given part ("the source"), right?
Not always - turns out the original brand named part is itself rebranded, too.
In still other cases, the original manufacturer won't sell directly or their "direct to you" price is artificially inflated in an
effort to "protect" the distributors.

It's hard to drill down to the actual manufacturer oftentimes... makes warranty issues a pain in the ***.
It serms i needed to be more specific on my request. I dont understand why everyone is getting off topic. I realise tamraz did not manufacture this item. When i refer it as theirs, i simply meant, one that they sell.
I believe as a company selling a product, regardless of who made it, or originally sold it, they should bare some responsibility for it. As every customer expects a ( within reason) flawless product. Similar to any of us on fbbo buying a part from another member. The other member did not make it. Chrysler or one of their subs did. But when we buy it used, we expect it to be inract/ functional, unless otherwise stated.

I have bought from Tamraz a few times with mixed results as I like to pick up my items to save on shipping or damage and I used to only be 5 miles from them...they stock some parts for mopars and mostly stock parts for GM. One thing I know they are NOT mopar guys....some items were backordered for over 3 weeks. I had to cancel my last order from them as they totally misrepresented when the item would arrive and never followed up.. all it was just an outer wheel house for a b body...I got better service from Classic Ind.... just my opinion....I do not look at them first anymore..

I have bought from Tamraz a few times with mixed results as I like to pick up my items to save on shipping or damage and I used to only be 5 miles from them...they stock some parts for mopars and mostly stock parts for GM. One thing I know they are NOT mopar guys....some items were backordered for over 3 weeks. I had to cancel my last order from them as they totally misrepresented when the item would arrive and never followed up.. all it was just an outer wheel house for a b body...I got better service from Classic Ind.... just my opinion....I do not look at them first anymore..
I like Classic ind too. I've found they usually have the lowest price & good quality products. I didn't know Tamraz was mostly gm. Thanks for the heads up. That explains why they had never been " told " the trim was cut to fit.

The people who work there are GM guys. From what I saw they don't stock much mopar stuff....camero, mustang, chevelle..... The first item and only item I bought that they had in stock from front bumperettes for the charger. I drove over to pick them up and they still would not lose the shipping cost...I was there and bought them anyway but that fired me up...if you need to buy from them you will need to stay on top of them...I ordered up a 3 piece trunk pan support and trunk pan...had to cancel the trunk pan and only waited 2 weeks for the 3 piece support package that when I bought it, ad said it was in stock and would ship right away... just not the case...

Not to take this topic further off stream, but I know that it is extremely difficult to find employees that know the product line 100% for all of the different year models, body styles and configurations. As the industry has evolved and gotten more into the large box store retailer / internet reseller; you have gotten more away from the grass roots Mom and Pop business supplying the parts to the customers. From this, you have lost that product knowledge.

The most alarming factor is that anyone can start up a business with basically no product knowledge. That is why I am always hesitant to suggest someone to use some of these internet sellers. Some of them are very good and have been around for years and have a very good history of supplying a nice product and taking care of the customer. But no different than choosing your local grocery store, doctor, etc; you just have to do your own research.

Back to the issue with the fitment of the windlace, I assume that it is a "Trim Parts" piece. We have sold these pieces for years and yes, they do have some issues of properly staying pushed up on the pinch weld. But I have not heard of the issue that you have described. Possibly, it may have been cut wrong and then got packaged not knowing of the issue. Another issue with plastic pieces like this is that it does not take much for them to conform in a improper position if removed incorrectly. If it is fact a Trim Parts piece, then I know that they will take care of the issue, but you would have to go through Tamraz to resolve the issue.

......….I drove over to pick them up and they still would not lose the shipping cost...

So you bought through the store on Ebay?

A while back I bought a couple panels there with "free shipping". Since they were in stock and I'm close, I decided to just pick them up at the shop and not wait for shipping delays. I could also inspect them prior to accepting. It was my choice.
If there was a separate shipping fee in the Ebay add I certainly would have expected a break.

Other than that the parts were correct and looked good.

Uodate. Tanraz had not as of yet responded, after my sending pics they asked for. So, i called. I was told their tech ( Rob) has to look at the pics & decide on whats to be done. And of course he is off today. My typical luck. Lol.

I have bought from them both ways.... on ebay and direct. What I learned is if is a repop part, look for the best part price. If it is something important like brakes I talk to an expert that knows mopars. Same as an engine. If your in a hurry for a part, that will change who I buy from. Really like Mega Parts these days...

Last edited:
It serms i needed to be more specific on my request. I dont understand why everyone is getting off topic. I realise tamraz did not manufacture this item. When i refer it as theirs, i simply meant, one that they sell.
I believe as a company selling a product, regardless of who made it, or originally sold it, they should bare some responsibility for it. As every customer expects a ( within reason) flawless product. Similar to any of us on fbbo buying a part from another member. The other member did not make it. Chrysler or one of their subs did. But when we buy it used, we expect it to be inract/ functional, unless otherwise stated.
I agree and that's the reason I typically avoid buying from drop shippers - at the very least, I insist on whoever I'm buying from to actually have the product in their possession.
Learned that lesson many years ago on eBay.
Folks that actually stock the part for sale not only have a direct control of when it gets shipped but tend to be a little more responsive to warranty issues.

update. It seems the man i spoke with, the one who assured me Rob would get the pics, message, and call me this morning,,, dropped the ball. Rob didn't call. So i did, late this afternoon. He told me he didn't get the message or the pics. ( chevy guys - geez ). I said, i know that he received them because he commented on the right corner not fitting properly, while we spoke on the phone. There goes another lost day. So far i'm not impressed with their customer service at all.
I had planned to buy bumpers through them. But am having second thoughts now.

,,, still waiting.
Looking to buy a bumper from them. Best price I could find & free shipping. I assume there are not many re-poppers of 70 bumpers, so would think all the same.
I have bought misc. small items over the past few years but honestly don't remember if there were any problems.

They came through ! They had a replacement sent. My car is happy !

Auto Transport Service
Back