• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Tech tips from the "Fast and the Furious"

pgaylord

Local time
6:02 PM
Reaction score
So, last night I watched the first half of "Fast 8". Hey, I figured there's a Charger in it, right? Before falling asleep, I was very impressed with the tech tips demonstrated in it that I hadn't known before. Can't wait to try them out! Such as:

- You can use Nitrous Oxide for extended periods of time in a road race (on a turbo car, no less)
- a small bottle of said NOx taken from your local dentists office and a rubber hose is all you need to make the above reality.
- pulling the vacuum advance off of the distributor will give you MEGA power
- engines can run fine while on fire
- cars run just as fast in reverse as forward
- you can save weight by removing both the battery and the alternator and the car will still run fine.

It made me wonder, what other amazing tech tips are in this series? I vaguely recall watching the first one many years ago, and am still looking for the elusive 18-speed auto tranny for mopars that was in that one....

Excited to watch the second half of the movie tonight! Going to be taking notes!

Sure you wasn't watching CNN. jts

Only F&F i like is Tokyo Drift....believable story line & some killer driving.....
High Plains Drifter.....life on the counterlock

You will find more horsepower can overpower the traction of 3 or 4 cars. It's a cool GTX though. I saw it in the theaters because I'm a goofy F&F fan. I am buying a ton of F&F merchandise thinking it will be the Dukes of Hazzard stuff in 20 years. Really you can't get much sillier than the Dukes of Hazzard was. Yee Haw!

No matter what people say movie cars will always influence the next generation of car owners. I decided in 1971 after watching Vanishing Point I would have a Challenger someday. After watching Deathproof I knew I had to have a Charger and a Challenger. I built a 2nd generation Camaro Bumble Bee for my daughter. It's a POS but it gets more comments and looks than my expensive cars.

If you don't mind me asking where are you seeing F8? The Exodus app?

You will find more horsepower can overpower the traction of 3 or 4 cars. It's a cool GTX though. I saw it in the theaters because I'm a goofy F&F fan. I am buying a ton of F&F merchandise thinking it will be the Dukes of Hazzard stuff in 20 years. Really you can't get much sillier than the Dukes of Hazzard was. Yee Haw!

No matter what people say movie cars will always influence the next generation of car owners. I decided in 1971 after watching Vanishing Point I would have a Challenger someday. After watching Deathproof I knew I had to have a Charger and a Challenger. I built a 2nd generation Camaro Bumble Bee for my daughter. It's a POS but it gets more comments and looks than my expensive cars.

If you don't mind me asking where are you seeing F8? The Exodus app?

I like the Dukes analogy! You may be right!

RE where I saw it, a buddy loaned me a DVD. Not sure of its origin? I will ask if you'd like...

Sure you wasn't watching CNN. jts

Could be... or maybe it was Fox News. Or a WH press conference. Or a DNC interview. Or hee haw. Or maybe the hunger games. I get it all mixed up nowadays, it's all so similar.

- pulling the vacuum advance off of the distributor will give you MEGA power
- engines can run fine while on fire
- cars run just as fast in reverse as forward
- you can save weight by removing both the battery and the alternator and the car will still run fine.
Excited to watch the second half of the movie tonight! Going to be taking notes!

That's why I watched only the first F&F.
It was just too damn stupid. I can't believe they've gotten any less absurd.
I may have to take Blade up and watch Tokyo Drift.

Come on already guys.... How many of you like Rocky where he gets beat in the face enough times to kill a bull or the Kung Fu movies where they run threw the sky? It's a freakin movie not a documentary!

I personally couldn't stand Tokyo Drift, actors I think but didn't like it. I really liked the last one, action packed and fun to watch but you can't sit there and watch hardly any movie picking it apart fact or fiction and expect to enjoy it for crying out loud. Yes the race scene in the beginning was very far fetched but it was cool to watch IMO. I also enjoyed the Expendables which is really far fetched so maybe I'm just immature?

I cheered for Clubber Lang. **** Rocky

The only time I routed for Rocky was against the commie.
Any Rocky after 4 doesn't count

I've seen every one of the Rocky movies and most of them more than once. I like Stallone and his pension for getting your emotions going. No matter how unrealistic his movies are they get me going. The F&F doesn't do the same thing for me. I've seen most of them - not the last one. Once they lost the Charger they lost me. That car was the star of the show. Bad assed machine.

Loved Rambo. The 1st one that is.

I could never bring myself to watch one of those F & F movies. All the advertising clips eluded to it being a bunch of gang bangers with ricers and fart can mufflers. I may well be wrong, but it just didn't stir any interest.

The first F&F proved to be the most knowledge dropping in the series IMO.

The 3 that will always ring true are;
-Puke green Mitsubishis need 7 gears to achieve 10 second quarter-mile times.
-Vin Diesel is an Octo-wussy because he admitted that hes scared to drive a Blown Hemi Charger.
-A MkIV Toyota Supra with a turbocharged AND nitrous fed 2JZ (a VERY legit combination btw) needs BOTH kits and umpteen lbs of boost to keep up with a kersploded Blown Hemi Charger.

There are plenty more throughout the franchise as well however, personal favorite of mine is that a 2nd gen Camaro CAN do a wheelstand, on dirt, at 80 mph, from 3rd gear....

Auto Transport Service
Back