• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Technical Question -- '78 Cordoba ball joints.

Cordobafication

Local time
4:30 PM
Reaction score
Hey guys,

It's wintertime here in the northeast and I figured that it's about time I start working the kinks of my front suspension out. One of the major issues that I ran into regarding the car are the ball joints.

I'll be honest -- I'm a young punk and I've never changed the ball joints of my Cordoba before. I've been told regular lowers, threaded uppers, or threaded lowers and regular uppers and everything which way from Sunday.

So gentlemen -- I was curious -- since my older brother (who has much more mechanical experience than I do, but is really more of a Ford man than a MoPar kind of guy), I figured I'd ask you guys what the real story is on Cordoba ball joints? :parts book:

If it helps, it's a California-model Cordoba S, "J"-code 360.

Thanks for the help guys!!!

:the penguin:

(Also note: I may have some Cordoba parts for sale in the near future -- I'll keep you guys posted. They're in pretty nice shape.)

208096_214708345209898_100000122038170_956141_6676183_n.jpg

Last edited:
Never worked on a Cordoba but that has never stopped me from offering advise before.

The uppers are screwed in (Moog K772) and the lowers are pressed in (Moog K7069).

The upper will use the 1 59/64 ball joint socket and are a difficult but not impossible task.

dryheat is 100% correct. i did mine without any special tools or presses. it was really easy

Auto Transport Service
Back