• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Thank goodness I'm old and have medicare.

SteveSS

Local time
9:47 AM
Reaction score
There was a short time before turned 65 that I didn't have insurance. I had a doctor I paid a flat fee to every month, and it worked out well financially. Now I'm 67. I was 66 when I when I went to the hospital for kidney stones and an infection they caused. Finally got all the bills. I owed just the hospital $2,600. The bill without insurance was $200,000! That's 1.3 %. I signed up for Medicare part C. Now my payment will be next to nothing. Who says getting old sucks?

My insurance has covered millions, over the years. Just glad to have had good coverage, before medicare.

Something is drastically wrong with our health care system when one moderate illness can financially break someone for life.

Also check what the doc’s and hospitals actually receive from insurance…I’ve seen what they charged and received to be quite less.

It's all a vicious circle/cycle that feeds back into it's self with way too many moving parts for one or two mandates to "fix".

The only people that complain about Medicare, are the ones not on it, or those that are ill and are not old enough to be on it.

IE, it is universally a well-liked program, that few are willing to admit to IMO.

Any shared comments beyond that are likely not allowed in this forum.

Auto Transport Service
Back