• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

the 72 rallye charger is mine now

yeah thats alot earlyer oh well it would of been cool if they were atleast the same week

"And as of today it's got scheduled to get sand blasted I got to get it blown appart and get it down to the stripper I've found a few hidden rust spots but lucky for me I ordered it's metal and have a few parts hanging around so she will be rust free soon then we can focus on the 4 speed conversion and paint"

Best way to go, this way you know exactly where you stand good or bad, i couldn't afford the one im doing so i just do my own in each place im repairing or replacing, slow at best but it helps me... I think you'll be glad to go this route, you cant loose!!!

Well after I stoped at AutoZone and saw that stripper was at $48.00 a gal and people were saying it's takeing 3 or 4 times to get it striped did the rough math and for $500-$600 I'll just let it get blasted makes life Easyer later when I get a paint quote so there's no hidden cost , by the way anyone know a good painter in fl.

There are two shops in Winter Haven/Auburndale, right down the road from each other on 42nd street.

One is Micheal's Auto Body, and although ownership has changed, they have have had past works featured in mags like Muscle Car Review, and still have classics sitting out front occasionally.

The Other is Precision Collision, and despite the name, 50% or more of their business is classic car resto. The owner is a chevy guy, but the work quality is top notch, and there are dozens of 60's and 70's cars on the property.

Thanks for the info ill have to look into them. I have buckmans auto body over here there good but a bit pricey and have tons of cars in line for work so instead of waiting forever figured I'd look around

Precision Collision quoted me 5K to paint and prep including removing and replacing front and rear windscreens.

That was about three years ago, and my project changed, so I didn't do it.

They did the blue 71 Charger 500 that was in Mopar Muscle about that time, although I have seen it back there for touch up work.

some of the metal ,lock set and colum rebuild kit showed up today and the go wing ,but the to go wing just doesnt look right to me maybe ive never noticed it but it almost looks like the mounts are one wrong but theres only one way they mount on this wing any input would be helpful if you have one on your car pics please IMAG0567.jpgIMAG0568_BURST001.jpgIMAG0569_BURST001.jpgIMAG0570_BURST001.jpgIMAG0571_BURST001.jpgIMAG0566.jpg

my 72 has the wing mounted like the position in your bottom photo. not at home right now to get you a picture.

Ok just checking it looked a little odd to me wanted to make shure they made the wing correctly before I say it was all good

When I get home the end of next week, i'll take some photos of my 72 for you. let me know if you need any certain areas.

I guess I really just want to see the mounts and that should be it maybe it looks funny that it's not in the correct spot

I think your wing mounts are on backwards.

I don't think it will balance with them on the other way, though.

...and I'm sure you're aware that's a 70/early 71 wing.

*Please realize you may gets some extra ribbing from me due to me being jealous that I didn't go buy that car.

Yeah well don't feel to bad it's got a lot of problems the wing mounts only go on one way you can't flip them around I thought I did put them on backwards but one way only for these also the guy sold it as a 71-74 go wing looks good to me but it just looks odd the way it sets on the trunk it's balanced perfect by the way my last one never could stand on its own till it was bolted down but something just isn't right here I can't put my finger on it

- - - Updated - - -

This car had a lot more rust then I expected to see when I got there but I wanted it. I almost passed on it we came to a creative deal I got it a bit cheaper and he also added in a bunch of parts to get it a little closer to where I wanted to be so everyone was happy till I got home and started to poke at it and found more bad spots here and there my interior money went to the metal fund so like always can't afford to get everything needed at this point maybe I'll sell the sunroof car to help fund this one (my wife will be pissed though )

I'm Nina surprised no one cought me on the wing I get the dunce cap ,let's try turning the whole thing around ( common sence doesn't apply on this one) I looked at it said the small edge is the leading edge ,nope the fat edge is the leading edge . Oh well at least I figured it out before I bolted it down and drove to a car show like that , the mob ( mopars of Brevard ) would laugh me out of the meetings thanks to all who tryed helping on this it was just my own stupidity ,

I'm Nina surprised no one cought me on the wing I get the dunce cap ,let's try turning the whole thing around ( common sence doesn't apply on this one) I looked at it said the small edge is the leading edge ,nope the fat edge is the leading edge . Oh well at least I figured it out before I bolted it down and drove to a car show like that , the mob ( mopars of Brevard ) would laugh me out of the meetings thanks to all who tryed helping on this it was just my own stupidity ,

Glad you caught it. I was just going to mention that it was backwards. I know how it was factory installed on my '70.

Well I guess I should get a bit of credit I stuck it up on the deck lid and it bugged the hell out of me so I knew it was wrong , I had a go wing for my 73 charger rallye that I never got around to mounting (I might add this is a much better wing) so I didn't have the opportunity to screw up on that one,if I did I would have known.
oh well no harm no foul

Well slight update interior is gutted and trans is almost out engine will be out tomorrow along with trans ,cars almost ready for the blaster and then rust repair most of the sheet metal is here some I'll have to fab and I'm still waiting on the 1/4s to show ,then after that the eng will be gone threw and inspected was rebuilt and with almost 2000 miles then she sat for a while so shouldn't have any surprises then the rear will come out and the same done to it then we will see where we are at .
I noticed an adjustable snubber on the rear I don't think it's stock but I could be wrong any one know?

hey guys heres a little update after getting the dash out and seeing everything under it i would agree with the odomiter <and the paper work > that this car is org 68k thats it so im happy with it were getting closer to the sand blaster

IMAG0636_BURST001.jpgIMAG0637_BURST001.jpgIMAG0641_BURST001.jpgIMAG0642_BURST001.jpgIMAG0652_BURST001.jpgIMAG0653_BURST002.jpgIMAG0654_BURST001.jpgIMAG0655_BURST001.jpgIMAG0656_BURST001.jpg

Very cool! Always loved those cars.

Old buddy of mine from HS still has his '72 Gold Rallye he bought back then. Don't think he posts here, so here it is.
440, 4 spd, Dana car. If I recall one of 165.

20140517_140122_resized.jpg

game on.......... I love these cars. keep up the great work.

Auto Transport Service
Back