• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

the 72 rallye charger is mine now

Holly crap tempest 455 that is sweet it deff looks good in the color combo when it's finished I might rethink my orange I guess I got some time to think about it
Thanks to all for the replys

Love that dash, it is looking good... There is so many colors out there it is the hardest decision unless someone is going with "original"..

The pic of dash was the way it came out all org nor In bad shape hell the car still had the moisture barrier behind the rear panels (I pulled it off and set it aside ) but I did find more rust by the parking brake assy and where the back tires would kick up salt so I'm going to assume I'll find more when the heater box comes out so far it's 3 spots where the wheels kicked crap up so like I said I'd be surprised if it's not in the front right side too.

I wanted to give a special thanks to
challenger6pak from on here .
He has been very helpful and I've been buying a lot of stuff from him (I've been there 3 diff times) the man has some good stuff he has a lot listed on here but he has more if you need something challenger related or 71-73 charger drop him a p.m. he's a stand up guy very fair on prices I've bought from him , the hideaways (bumper and all),interior lower door panel's, rear valance(duel exhaust cut out), floor shift steering column, pair of bucket seats , wiper arms,dash frame,gauge cluster plus wireing,and a few other things here and there. So I would like to say THANKS ! And tell you guys he's got some good stuff left and lots of it so if you need something let him know he might just have it. (All items were at very fair prices) (hell he even gave me some free stuff too) he's a great guy I would put his name up but not shure if he's ok with it so p.m. him and find out your self .

By the way no real update I've just been buying parts and fighting with a eBay seller about a trunk lid I bought it was poorly packed and it was very badly damaged he wants me to send it back and he would refund me my cash but I'd lose $150 for shipping cost and be out a rust free trunk lid so I'm not shure what to do I payed $250 for it plus $75 shipping then it will be $75 to send it back .but the corners on this thing are really screwed and it's got about 10 little dents on the ridge that will be a pain to fill what do you guys think the old lid isn't that bad needs a small amount of rust repair on back edge and under side (the common spots for 71-74 b body's) I could take the two and make one but that kinda defeats the purpose of buying the "new one"

If nothing else, I would say he needs to reimburse you for the shipping cost as well since that was part of the price you paid for the hood.

Well he said tough I pay shipping back and he will only refund the $250 for the part he will not refund shipping , so I'm just going to keep the thing and fix it much easyer to fix bent metal then rust so I'll just leave him a very bad review and bring it up with eBay too , I guess there's less and less honest people around, I'd even take a $100 back and keep it but he wants to be greedy and won't even do that he said he wants the part back and he will just scrap it him self ! Some of These damn young guys are giving the rest of us young guys a bad reputation. Oh well I guess last time I buy something like that off of eBay

Sad but true with honesty, You will bounce back, don't let morons like this get to you!

I won't the crooks at the strippers might get to me though $2000.00 to sand blast and prime my car, that's the it's already appart price. I'm not very old almost 28 and I remember not to long ago these cars were much cheaper to restore!! Everything is getting pricey and quality is dropping amazing how that works at this rate I'll have $40k invested in a car only worth $20 at best it just doesn't make sense anymore I used to enjoy restoring these cars and pass them on to the next owner knowing that it will make them happy for years to come I'd do the hard stuff engine,trans brakes suspension metal work interior on some and leave easy stuff
(paint mostly ) and bolting a few things in putting decals on(the stuff that Is like iceing on the cake )and sell them as father son project s ,then you see them at car shows with the finished car spending time as a family , it makes it all worth it ,I don't try makeing money as long as I brake even I'm happy . Then it's on to the next one. Now that I said I'm done these are the last two I'm doing and I'm keeping for my self now it cost a arm an a leg to fix them . My wife's car isn't that bad off but I'm trying to get them where they will be done at the same time so mine needs to catch up its much worse off then hers ,anyways I'm done ranting .I think I'm going to go buy a sand blasting keg at harbour frate and just do it my self it deff Will be much cheaper any one ever use the harbour frate sand blasting keg ? I have a huge 5hp 80 gal compressor that should be sufficient right ?
Anyways that's for the encouragement I need it

That would be cool here's my sequence number 135299

- - - Updated - - -

Oh and it was lynch road Detroit

Hey mines a Lynch Road Rallye too... 131289 U code:eek:ccasion14:

- - - Updated - - -

I won't the crooks at the strippers might get to me though $2000.00 to sand blast and prime my car, that's the it's already appart price. I'm not very old almost 28 and I remember not to long ago these cars were much cheaper to restore!! Everything is getting pricey and quality is dropping amazing how that works at this rate I'll have $40k invested in a car only worth $20 at best it just doesn't make sense anymore I used to enjoy restoring these cars and pass them on to the next owner knowing that it will make them happy for years to come I'd do the hard stuff engine,trans brakes suspension metal work interior on some and leave easy stuff
(paint mostly ) and bolting a few things in putting decals on(the stuff that Is like iceing on the cake )and sell them as father son project s ,then you see them at car shows with the finished car spending time as a family , it makes it all worth it ,I don't try makeing money as long as I brake even I'm happy . Then it's on to the next one. Now that I said I'm done these are the last two I'm doing and I'm keeping for my self now it cost a arm an a leg to fix them . My wife's car isn't that bad off but I'm trying to get them where they will be done at the same time so mine needs to catch up its much worse off then hers ,anyways I'm done ranting .I think I'm going to go buy a sand blasting keg at harbour frate and just do it my self it deff Will be much cheaper any one ever use the harbour frate sand blasting keg ? I have a huge 5hp 80 gal compressor that should be sufficient right ?
Anyways that's for the encouragement I need it

CFM and a good dryer is the big thing with blasting at home. Plus what would take a day at the blasters would take two weeks at home. You may just want to shop around or just bite the bullet and pay the 2k. Does anyone one have a chemical dipper in your area? 2k should be close to the cost of having it dipped.

P.S. heres a picture of my Rallye resized.jpg

That's a sweet rallye and its a u code you say . No dippers around my area . Just a few sand blasters one guy said 600 one said 2k and another said 500 but the two cheaper ones I don't trust with the car they look like fly by night kind of shops

Hey guys small update , the motor is out ,the trans is out and sold , the drivers fender and door are off the hood ,front bumper,and front valence are also removed. I also striped everything from firewall . ,the heater box is out good news no rust in corner #4 bad news I found some rust on inner fender (not much easy fix but it's there) also a few broke off bolts that need removal . But no other nasty surprises yet! I'm shure there comeing . Also some more good I got the proper gauge setup(clock setup) to install a factory tachometer and some very nice A piller molding. I'll be ordering a tach here shortly.And I'll focus on getting the dash finished up and put back together . So the next big step is to find a striper :angry9: (that won't take all my money )the only one that sounds legitimate wants $2000.00 and it will be primed after . But there's a bunch that I'm kinda afraid to bring it to that say $500-$600 primed afterward's.so kinda sound to good to be true and I've delt with a painter like that before so not really wanting more gray hairs .So with in the next few days the other side of the car will be off also the rear (bumper and valence trunk lid) also the trim and marker lights too. I'm still contemplating striping it myself my comp has enough cfm's to do it .(I just need to wire an outlet for it I used to share with the dryer now it's inside)well I'll get some pics for you guys tomorrow

- - - Updated - - -

Hey fatecaptured does your rallye have a chrome trim around the opening on the front valence ,you can see it in one of my pictures and also another member posted a pic of his car that had it earlter on this thread .

hey guys heres a few more pics from the before blasting a few more things need to come off yet but the cars not looking to bad at all. what do you guys think not much rust on this one. the under coating will be scraped off and the under side blasted and primed then floor pan repairs made then it will get new under coating, then the wheel wells next same stuff needed after that i should have my pennys saved up to get the main body striped. anyways heres more pics

- - - Updated - - -

IMAG0852_BURST001.jpgIMAG0853.jpgIMAG0854_BURST001.jpgIMAG0855_BURST002.jpgIMAG0856_BURST001.jpgIMG_20150224_201805798-20150322-110940429.jpgIMG_20150224_204120798-20150322-110630505.jpgIMG_20150224_204134675-20150322-110616632.jpgIMG_20150224_204807163-20150322-11064276.jpgIMG_20150224_205340718-20150322-110718160.jpgIMG_20150224_210452907-20150322-110842401.jpgIMG_20150224_210813447-20150322-110900842.jpgIMG_20150319_160704610-20150322-111040591.jpgIMG_20150319_160727425-20150322-111032189.jpgIMG_20150319_162317014-20150322-111023239.jpgIMG_20150319_162325136-20150322-111013479.jpgIMG_20150319_162329773-20150322-111005171 (1).jpgIMG_20150319_162334685_HDR-20150322-110927695.jpgIMAG0836_BURST001.jpgIMAG0837_BURST001.jpgIMAG0838_BURST002.jpgIMAG0839_BURST001.jpgIMAG0840_BURST001.jpgIMAG0841_BURST001.jpgIMAG0842_BURST001.jpgIMAG0844_BURST001.jpgIMAG0845_BURST002.jpgIMAG0846_BURST001.jpgIMAG0847_BURST001.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

oh and a sneek peek at my 4 speed the builder just sent over a few pics hes bringing it down next week so more pics soon of the whole package.let me know what you guys think so far im prity happy with it so far

Hey guys not much has been done but I had to tell you guys most all the 4 speed stuff showed up between today and yesterday so we're getting very close to tunnel mod and test fitment. And to make things better I got my friend s 72 440 4 speed charger for the next few days I'm getting prity excited about the 4 speed conversion it's starting to set in that it's going to finally happen.I've wanted a 4 speed mopar forever this will be my first ,I love the way they drive,I just hope the 430 whp will be enough to keep me interested in it. that 440 4 speed car dinoed at 558 hp to the rear wheels man it's a blast to drive maybe a little bit here and there will get a few more horse's out of the little small block ,also has anyone run a zoom clutch before the 4 speed kit came with a zoom clutch ,I've never used them before.ill get some pics of the pile of parts it's like Christmas .

Little update I've been working on gathering parts and rebuilding the gauge cluster and dash assy , the gauges are done the dash has been welded up(lots of extra holes drilled into it) and is waiting on paint here's a pic of the gauges what do you guys think ?IMAG0952_BURST002.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Here's the lowner 72 440 4 speed car I've been baby sitting were at the local car show for the furious 7 movie
0403151841.jpg

Hey guys I'm still after parts 4 speed stuff is all here and I checked that off the list .now I'm interested in aftermarket brakes I think I want to get a wilwood setup 4 wheel disc ,anyone have this ? How are they?.
Also I'm toying with losing the 8 3/4 for a built Dana ,but I'm not seeing much benefit in this beings I'm running a 340 not a 426 . Any thoughts? Thanks guys

- - - Updated - - -

IMAG0976_BURST001.jpgIMAG0977_BURST001.jpgIMAG0978_BURST002.jpgIMAG0979_BURST001.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Here's a few pics too the rust is the parking brake assy area ,so I need to fix and reinforce this area since it will be getting a work out in the Neer future (4 speed car now)

Hey guys not much work done to car ,still waiting on a stripper to get the paint off of it. But I ordered up the brakes for the car today went with a 4 wheel disc brake setup from wilwood 11" rotors ,I also ordered the necessary prop valve and wilwood master ,sent the booster out to be rebuilt ,along with my brakes I ordered the braided flex lines and the parking brake cables adapters for the rears ,and ordered a full rebuild kit for my 8 3/4 ,I was thinking about a Dana swap but figured I'll do the 8 3/4 up now get the car finished and driving and later swap in the Dana if I feel the need ,I don't think the Dana is necessary for my power level I'm around 450 hp to the wheels and not plan on going any higher beings this is a street car. Here's a pic of the brake setup I ordered ,now I need to get the car striped and metal work finished so it can be painted .
HD-Pro-Series-Kit-Drilled.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Just noticed the calipers are not correct mine are only 4 piston calipers not the 6 piston shown

Here's the correct setup red 4 pistons with black rotorsbr50.jpgwilwood_front_rear_13_inch.jpg
The second picture would just be the whole set but wrong rotor color .

That's what I'm hoping for but I've already blown my budget out of the water on this build and have yet to finish ordering interior parts (seat upholstery and upper panels) still need to get the car striped and painted I'm guessing around 6k or so then suspension and steer components are still needed and of course I want to upgrade both so I'm guessing I need at least 10k total to finish it . The only reason why this is so costly is I don't plan on selling it so I'm useing the best stuff and building it how I want it. So I'll probably have around $25000 in a 72 charger rallye when I'm done but it's how I want it so it will be ok.

Auto Transport Service
Back