• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The arrogance of people with means

Status
Not open for further replies.
You know i didn't post anything inappropriate in the thread you banned me from but you decided to delete my posts and block me from the thread. Did you block Wayne for telling me to "**** off"? Didn't think so.
I'm not going to engage with you in public like this.

Take the advice I gave you in private.

Hey guys !
1696657639628.png

I see it like this:
Frst world problems. I can't relate, at all, to the situation as decribed and I usually don't bother to participate or take interest in reading much about it. 6 figures for body work? MEH, that is someone else's life in an alien land.
Sometimes, some rich guy has an issue where he isn't being treated fairly and is complaining about it. Sometimes, some rich guy is complaining he can't get his way by throwing giant money at it and is being a whiney pos because he is entitled.
IF you ignore both scenarios, life is a lot more zen. That is my advice for OP, the world is full of people that have tons of money, many get it legit, many more get it through immoral means, but THAT IS LIFE and if you want to do something about it run for office, otherwise stewing on this stuff makes you pissed off.

"She's got a genuine Indian bull rope for teaching us the ways and means"

DAMN!! What is his problem? Mark & George good repor, George KNOWS Mark won't stick him;
My mechanic (30+ years) KNOWS he WILL get paid & lets me take my vehicle when done (small lot, FULL OF CARS, ALWAYS; reputation built over DECADES! Dick started busines, Rich is 2nd gen, now Rickie taking over)). It's called trust, built over years.

Trust is something that should come with business. I have been doing this for forty some years. A lot of the work I do (now especially) is with people who live in other states. When we sign a contract, it means we are trusting each other with our obligations to follow through with our part of the process. Sometimes I’ll do a job and get no money down, if it’s a past customer. Once a relationship is established, it’s much easier to just get it done than worry if I’m going to get paid. This boils down to respect for and from both sides. I’ve even done it with new clients who I was referred to by a past client. Luckily 95% of my work comes from referrals, always has. If you don’t have faith in people, you really shouldn’t be in business.

I took mine home while still owing money. My body man and I had a "agreement" You need money ? Nope not yet. Ok let me know. I trusted him he trusted me.
The fellow who owned the shop that did the maintenance on my Peterbilt normally kept a mechanics lien on every major job he performed. When he did a major engine overhaul, I told him I could pay in full with a check instead of credit, but it would take a few days to move the funds. He told me to get the truck back on the road immediately, and start making money again. I wrote him a check for 20K the next week. He laughed, and said some customers are always good for the money, and most never are. He did well by knowing which were which. He also stored my GTX for free, along with his own Mopar stable.

The fellow who owned the shop that did the maintenance on my Peterbilt normally kept a mechanics lien on every major job he performed. When he did a major engine overhaul, I told him I could pay in full with a check instead of credit, but it would take a few days to move the funds. He told me to get the truck back on the road immediately, and start making money again. I wrote him a check for 20K the next week. He laughed, and said some customers are always good for the money, and most never are. He did well by knowing which were which. He also stored my GTX for free, along with his own Mopar stable.
You sound like a trucker!! Just like my pop!! :lol:

One of my shop tenant's rent payments came this month in "we care" bag from the post office, ripped in half, with only the lower portion of the amscott money order containing the serial number and signature.

Fortunately we live not too far apart, and I met hem at amscott so we could give them the remainder of the money order, and the receipt and stub as well as the damage admission bag from the PO.

They claimed nothing like this has ever happened. WHAT?
...and after over an hour of the employees on the phone with corporate...
...refused to reissue the money order!
Instead, they suggested my tenant, who is also a long time friendly acquaintance that has loaned me equipment in the past, initiate an "investigation" with corporate headquarters costing $12 and mailing a hand written form, which could take 30-45 days and still be denied.

What BS. They have his/my money.
IMO it would cost them one piece of paper and about 15 minutes of accounting time to void and reissue.

Where I'm going is-

I told that tenant to wait and see how this works out, rather than having him pay me again, since he is already out that money.
If it does get denied, I plan to eat the loss, as he has been a great tenant and always pays on time.

"Business" is not super easy, and it pays to make small concessions sometimes to keep good customers.

You know i didn't post anything inappropriate in the thread you banned me from but you decided to delete my posts and block me from the thread. Did you block Wayne for telling me to "*******"? Didn't think so.
If you keep it up, you may get banned from more than just a thread.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back