• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

People suck sometimes

JackR

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
2:54 AM
Reaction score
So my kid was driving an extra car we have. He rolled into the guy in front of him at a red light.
No damage on either car but they exchanged info.
Today insurance company calls looking for pictures as the guy he hit is claiming thousands in damage and injury.
The plastic bumper isn’t even scratched.

IMG-1062.jpeg

This is why it is helpful to have a police report after a collision. The officer can testify to the condition of the parties involved.

Helps to have a dash cam in such a situation also, I'd imagine.
What's the other car look like?

That's a real dog act, typical of today's society unfortunately.
Surprised he didn't take photos at the time, he'll learn for next time.

this is why you have insurance............but yes, people do suck sometimes

This is why it is helpful to have a police report after a collision. The officer can testify to the condition of the parties involved.
In Tucson if no injuries the police do not respond or generate reports on traffic accidents.
Cell phone camera of damage would have been helpful in this case.

Two people in my family had this happen (brake-checked, minor bump with no damage, dramatic faked injuries). On the second one, the EMT's were actually laughing at the guy as I guess he put on quite a show. Both "no-habla" victims, of course. One of the best things about insurance is that it comes with a fleet of lawyers to deal with these scammers.

If I had not fled urbania a few years ago, I would definitely be running cameras now. It's probably only a matter of time before they are standard equipment.

So my kid was driving an extra car we have. He rolled into the guy in front of him at a red light.
No damage on either car but they exchanged info.
Today insurance company calls looking for pictures as the guy he hit is claiming thousands in damage and injury.
The plastic bumper isn’t even scratched.

View attachment 1670879
Got caught in the exact
same circumstance.
Learned my lesson after the
the guy in the car I bumped
claimed major damage to
his car and showed up in
court with a neck brace,
and his car had some
damage prior.
38k settlement in his
favor. Fraud for sure,
but anytime you tap
someone's rear bumper,
you're automatically
assumed to be at fault.
Yes, it was fraud, but hard
to prove.

Last edited:
I was on a jury where the guy who was rear ended and the insurance company couldn't make a deal. The guy was truly injured as shown by xrays and doctors and Chiropractors. We decided that Tylenol, Chiropractor and gym membership for the rest of his life was worth $50 grand!
My late wife and I were in a twenty car draft in the left lane of the PA 'Pike. I in the van, she in the Forester. Somebody cut in between us and my wife hit her. I didn't know it and kept on going. A trooper showed up and my wife was cited for traveling too close. She paid the fine, the insurance company didn't like it that she pleaded guilty. We got a notice that the lady she hit was sueing. We went to my best friend's brother and he tried to contact the other lawyer and never got a call back. No honor among thieves! Nothing happened and we thought it had been taken care of. Not quite a year later another suit from a different lawyer. There was a reference in the letter to it being for less than $50,000, there must be some sort of threshold. My wife was in hospice from complications from Dementia. I went to the insurance company. The day after my wife died the insurance company's lawyer called. I told her what happened, she said that it wasn't all that uncommon to happen. She asked me if I would testify if it came to trial. Of course I would. Four days later I got a letter that they had settled.

Last edited by a moderator:
A payday without working, what a novel idea. Defunding the police is working, but for who.......... the givers or the takers. Sorry to hear!

Yep.

Take pics of both cars and people if possible.

Unfortunately, the parasites of society continue to suck the life out of the nation. We will never be able to explore the universe, cure illnesses and disease, as long as we're being drained by the leeches of civilization.

Exactly. Guys don’t want to write “nothing” accident reports but it absolutely protects people against this type of fraud. Documentation is key

Al this is why I think insurance companies will eventually start giving discounts if you run cameras, and eventually not offer insurance to you at all unless you do. There's no stopping these people from doing this. Aint it great?!

I agree 100% but nowadays, the Police will not respond to a minor fender bender if no un-driverable damage or injury is not present. Then one has to either go to the station or online to file a police report which oftentimes is not all that accurate. Still, once a report number is attached, then a claim by either party can be adjudicated and processed. Sounds like the driver of the bumped vehicle is looking for a payday...cr8crshr/Bill :usflag: :usflag: :usflag:

Auto Transport Service
Back