• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The arrogance of people with means

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sam69sat

Local time
12:46 AM
Reaction score
Man, some people are so arrogant and entitled! I'm not gonna name names but there's a member with considerable means that f'ed up his superbird. **** happens. He also has another hemi car but whatever. Evidently there's a dispute and the insurance company isn't paying the full amount for repairs on the superbird that have been completed by the body and paint shop. Instead of ponying up and making it right with the body guy, he's gonna make the body guy wait until the insurance pays him first! That's a DICK MOVE in my opinion but i guess i'm just old fashioned. I woudn't even post this but when i asked if he was gonna stiff the body shop if the insurance didn't pay, he replied "**** off" and then his mod buddy deleted my post and banned me from commenting. Another dick move. His quote below. That George must be a hell of a nice guy to put up with that ****.

"If I was Joe blow and my car was at the resto shop it would still be in paint jail waiting to pay the bill that Hagerty should have paid 5 months ago, but George let me bring it home without paying him. Why should I have to take money out of my own savings when I have insurance that covers it to get my car back? Yet here I am still paying a years premium and the car out of commision!"

I don't know anything about the conflict you're referencing but that whole situation is a mess.
It did surprise me to see Wayne was able to get his car out without paying the bill yet.
There are a number of reasons why that may have worked out that way.
Wayne may be on good terms with the shop owner and as a result, probably has a mutual understanding that the bill will be paid regardless.
Maybe the shop is limited on space and storing the car onsite could be difficult. ANY damage while in their possession could tack on additional work and delays.
I don't know enough of this to take a side.

Man, some people are so arrogant and entitled! I'm not gonna name names but there's a member with considerable means that f'ed up his superbird. **** happens. He also has another hemi car but whatever. Evidently there's a dispute and the insurance company isn't paying the full amount for repairs on the superbird that have been completed by the body and paint shop. Instead of ponying up and making it right with the body guy, he's gonna make the body guy wait until the insurance pays him first! That's a DICK MOVE in my opinion but i guess i'm just old fashioned. I woudn't even post this but when i asked if he was gonna stiff the body shop if the insurance didn't pay, he replied "**** off" and then his mod buddy deleted my post and banned me from commenting. Another dick move. His quote below. That George must be a hell of a nice guy to put up with that ****.

"If I was Joe blow and my car was at the resto shop it would still be in paint jail waiting to pay the bill that Hagerty should have paid 5 months ago, but George let me bring it home without paying him. Why should I have to take money out of my own savings when I have insurance that covers it to get my car back? Yet here I am still paying a years premium and the car out of commision!"
Do you really think this is the right way to discuss another member's personal affairs?

I took mine home while still owing money. My body man and I had a "agreement" You need money ? Nope not yet. Ok let me know. I trusted him he trusted me.

Sometimes it's best to mind your own business... You really think Wayne is gonna burn his buddy? Most shops don't have room to store cars that are finished while the insurance gets their **** together... I have a few jobs currently that I've finished & delivered & waiting for the check... I know the check will be coming so I see it as money in the bank.... I don't worry about it & I don't worry about Wayne's body shop check..... That's **** that happens in Wayne's World.... (had to go there... :lol: )

Sometimes it's best to mind your own business... You really think Wayne is gonna burn his buddy? Most shops don't have room to store cars that are finished while the insurance gets their **** together... I have a few jobs currently that I've finished & delivered & waiting for the check... I know the check will be coming so I see it as money in the bank.... I don't worry about it & I don't worry about Wayne's body shop check..... That's **** that happens in Wayne's World.... (had to go there... :lol: )
THANKS! Seeing "George" got me for over $120 large on my Bee I don't think he was tooooo worried that I was good for it. Removing my car made room for him to bring in two Corvettes. He has been paid in full.... and to think this BS started because while I was on data at camp I didn't take the 2 hours to scroll through my Bee restoration thread and find the EXACT post to help a guy fix his f'n car ! All from a guy that has never helped anyone with theirs....

THANKS! Seeing "George" got me for over $120 large on my Bee I don't think he was tooooo worried that I was good for it. Removing my car made room for him to bring in two Corvettes. He has been paid in full.... and to think this BS started because while I was on data at camp I didn't take the 2 hours to scroll through my Bee restoration thread and find the EXACT post to help a guy fix his f'n car ! All from a guy that has never helped anyone with theirs....
Try to do better in the future...:rofl:

@Sam69sat Why would you even post this thread? As a rule I enjoy your posts but this one is way outta line... You question Wayne's integrity & insult the most entertaining mod we've got... All over a situation that doesn't involve or concern you....
If George were concerned he wouldn't have let Wayne take the car... Fact is I suspect George was the one who suggested it cause he needed the space... And he trusts Wayne...
Maybe you should give Wayne the same respect...

Personal affairs are no longer personal once they are made public to the public by the person. I did not read, nor do I know what this is about, but it seems like it was posted somewhere for the world to see and form opinions on.

No, it's because you're immature and call people ******** and tell them to ******* if they suggest something or ask a question. I know you probably will pay your bills but the way you phrase things sounds like your savings account takes precedent over that of your body man. It's not your body man's fault your insurance didn't pay.

BTW, here's the post where i make a suggestion and you call me an asshole. You think i'm not gonna retaliate?

This thread is horseshit.

I don't know a single member here personally but you get a good idea after reading their posts. Dadsbee is one of the good guys I reckon.
I have had some dealings with members with sending/receiving items unrelated to Mopars (items related to their country of origin, gifts if you will), Scott Engelhardt and Sahara, both stand up guys.

To call someone out on here personally is really wrong, unless it was a fraud type situation and it was to help other members. To do it like this, over some jealousy or whatever is absolute bullshit.

Probably really gonna blow a gasket when I bring another car home next week.... :drinks:

You have nice cars but they don't do anything for me. Wouldn't want the hassle of owning those. I'll take my clunkers thank you.

You have nice cars but they don't do anything for me. Wouldn't want the hassle of owning those. I'll take my clunkers thank you.
No hassles. They all get driven no different than my old truck, I'm not saving them for anyone!. Get over yourself !

Last edited:
No, it's because you're immature and call people ******** and tell them to **** off if they suggest something or ask a question. I know you probably will pay your bills but the way you phrase things sounds like your savings account takes precedent over that of your body man. It's not your body man's fault your insurance didn't pay.

BTW, here's the post where i make a suggestion and you call me an asshole. You think i'm not gonna retaliate?

[/URL]
Keep diggin your own hole !

No hassles. They all get driven no different than my old truck. Get over yourself !

Says the guy who thinks i'm gonna blow a gasket out of envy you're getting another car next week?

Do you really think this is the right way to discuss another member's personal affairs?

You know i didn't post anything inappropriate in the thread you banned me from but you decided to delete my posts and block me from the thread. Did you block Wayne for telling me to "*******"? Didn't think so.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back