• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Blues Brothers Movie

Funny how Smokey and the Bandit did that same "Car crash lands into truck" stunt just a couple of years before.

I always get a laugh out of that movie , I always chuckle because there is always a comment in there I didn’t catch before... crackers and what not wouldn’t fly now a days ..
we are on a mission , a mission from god!
Or the half pack of cigarettes one,they don’t stop with the funny comments!
IMO the talent from years ago was and is far superior to today’s and everything was so much more relaxed ... more enjoyable and we could laugh at each other and move on.

Typical blues brothers... the scene keeps playing over and over..

Ackroyd so thin...
Belushi, my Lord what a talent, senselessly gone not too long after over drugs....

Saturday Night Live rode the coattails of the success of this movie (and let's face it, Ackroyd and
John Landis are the reasons it was so damn funny) and spit out more and more movies to try
to match or beat it - and never did.

The movie had a TON of names in it that were either in their last hurrahs or were soon to be stars
in their own right - it hit at just the right time for a the stars to align perfectly.
For me, most memorable were all the soundtracks that came out from the movie - and of course,
the MALL SCENE!

Actually the movie rode the coattails of SNL as Akroyd and Belushi came from it.

"This mall has everything."

This particular part of the Movie actually was shot at the now torn down Ford City Shopping Center Mall in Chicago. They stocked it up to appear as if it were full of merchandise, and shoppers that were extras and stunt people. And man did they ever...Donald "Duck" Dunn on base...cr8crshr/Bill:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::usflag::usflag::usflag:

Last edited:
I grew up in this area and I'm pretty sure they used the Dixie Square mall in Harvey, IL.

classic comedy & cult classic
great 1 liners in that flick

watch probably once maybe twice a year, have it DVR'd saved

Bio of John Belushi on tv recently. Sad.
But for major MOPAR product placement, re-watch Point Blank, with the relentless, remorseless Lee Marvin and every car a MOPAR!

I will throw in the black keys for free.

Ray's Music Exchange.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back