• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Why do girls love the Titanic movie so much?

SteveSS

Local time
12:44 AM
Reaction score
My daughter and her friend are actually paying to go see Titanic at the movie theaters for its 25th anniversary. I saw it once and thought it was depressing as hell. I know it's a love story but there are a million love stories. What's the deal?

P.S. I know there's one girl to every 300 guys on this site but go ask a woman about it.

I think it's closer to 1 to 500 ratio but-

1- Leo

2- "bad boy" with a good heart

3- the man dies, so the girl doesn't have to live with him for the duration (but gets to keep the jewelry, and tell stories of how "great" he was)

It's the perfect scenario.

Depressing as hell imo and wonder why I even watched it the first time since I knew what it was going to be about.....

Dunno.. they also love Dirty Dancing.. the story about a 35 year old guy in a resort that rapes a 17 year old girl.... i never got it...

Meh, not a fan.
Mrs. DeltaV didn't like it either.

A Night to remember. Clifton Webb.

My daughter and her friend are actually paying to go see Titanic at the movie theaters for its 25th anniversary. I saw it once and thought it was depressing as hell. I know it's a love story but there are a million love stories. What's the deal?

P.S. I know there's one girl to every 300 guys on this site but go ask a woman about it.

25 years….. where did the time go?!?!

I'm fascinated by the history of the tragedy and have read about it in several writings way before the movie came out. Women's fascination aside it's a love story, and the men all died......

"The wartime sinking of the German Wilhelm Gustloff in January 1945 in World War II by a Soviet Navy submarine, with an estimated loss of about 9,400 people, remains the deadliest isolated maritime disaster ever." These people were mostly civilians.

Because all women would like to see their husband's nearly freeze to death before drowning.....sarc.

From another thread, it goes down with the lights on.

Auto Transport Service
Back