• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The hair ain't that long but it's about to come off!!

My dad never lost a hair off his head, even though he was gray before I was born.
I inherited both my grandfather's hair..... seriously receding, thinning on top, and a bald spot.
No wonder I don't give a **** how it looks anymore.
the hair gene is (allegedly) given to the child
from the mothers side of the family
so look at you mothers' side of the men in the family

On my mother's side of the family it was all girls but just the opposite of my dad's side and both sides were big as in lots of kids but all the women on my side had thinning hair when they started getting older. My mom still had a full head of very dark brown hair but she was pretty young when she passed away at 38 and my dad had a full head of hair too except it was receding some. And all of his brothers had plenty of hair at the time of their passing....

since everyone's talking/showing about their old hair
"when they still had it" :poke:

I still have a decend head of hair
& a beard both trimmed probably 2 time a month
flattop (high & tight) or buzz cut when I mess it up

I'm not 16 anymore & it's not 1976 anymore either

Me 16 in 1975
as RC says "my Luke Skywalker look"
albeit, I'm a 8"s taller & about 75# heavier
& much, much better looking
Budnicks 16 years old summer 1975 -cleaned up-.png

29 years later
pretty much the same still, more grey on the sides & in the beard
Bart 2000 #1.JPG

Last edited:
I disagree with that. All the males on my mothers side had thin and a receding hairline. Bald on top. My fathers side full head of even in 60's, 70's in my case.

Hair color is from the mothers side.

Hair color is from the mothers side.
My mom's hair was dark brown but mine was light brown and in the summertime it would get blonde streaks through it.....

Mom's hair is red.

I have dirty blond peppered with red.

I lost "mom's" red hair to "male pattern baldness" in my 40's.

I still have some red in my beard.

Mom's hair is red.

I have dirty blond peppered with red.

I lost "mom's" red hair to "male pattern baldness" in my 40's.

I still have some red in my beard.
I used to have some red in my beard and it supposedly came from my grandfather on my mom's side....but he passed on when I was a baby so I don't remember him.

If you're concerned about your hair I have one word. Finasteride.
Fortunately I have zero hair loss or recession,
BUT
I had to look up Finasteride and it seems like that could grow hair on a river stone...

I had to add to the post today. We had a neighborhood social gathering in my cul-de-sac last night so I felt obligated to go. Mostly just a bunch of old people, meaning older than me. I actually combed my hair which is unusual. I normally just run my fingers through it a few times when wet. I overheard a couple of old men commenting to each other about my hair, I don't think they thought I could hear them, and then they removed their hats to compare their bald heads.

I was talking to one older lady and I told her our white hair was the same color. She was a Norwegian too. It must be genetic.

One of my heroes is Michio Kaku the Astro physicist and he has long white hair.

Last edited:
So, I'm looking here about "hair" discussions. Anyway... Last month... people have finally seen what my ears look like. Yup. Got my hair cut above my ears for the first time in 55 years. Depending on one's point of view, I'm either less ugly or more ugly than I was before. At this point... does it matter ??

as soon as it starts getting to me ears off it goes . sheep sears style . can’t stand it . low maintenance, cool . haven’t lost a comb in 30 years ….

Auto Transport Service
Back