• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Long Road to my 74 Satellite Rebuild

Hey guys! Overdue for an update, sorry been busy in the shop. My car is home now from the paint shop! Ive been spending a lot of time putting it back together. The carpet, console, dash and seats are in! Look's pretty good but with the flash on the replaced seat bottoms color difference really stands out.. :angryfire: Gonna have to dye them a little darker to get a better match.

interior.jpg

I also swapped out the case on my steering column to get rid of gear indicator and shift lever.

steering wheel.jpg

Been doing some exterior work too! Door handles are on, marker lights, drivers mirror, and the rear bumper and valance. I put LED's in the tail lights, they look awesome buttttt arent working properly, when I turn on the indicator everything flashes, both turn signals as well as all the marker lights.

vallance.jpg

bummer.jpg

taillights.jpg

front marker.jpg

mirror.jpg

rear marker.jpg

turn indic.jpg

check your grounds It may be simple at least hope it is

Bm02tj hoping for a simple fix. gonna check the new bulbs and grounds. they all worked last time the car..

Been a while since ive posted on here. The local Redding show Kool April Nights just happened and i was scrambling to get my car ready in time. It was a couple of late nights but we got the exterior mostly finished up so it could be in the cruise. Its pretty cool they shut down a couple of the main streets and let the classic cars cruise around. We cut it pretty close finished installing the window trim about 30 min before the parade started.

Cutting and buffing paint night before the show with the painters

image5.jpg

Here are a few details of the car

Headliner was a pain in the *** lots of little tweaking to make it look good

image9.jpg

Made my own package tray using masonite board with some headliner foam covered in a black
vinyl
ol
image7.jpg

I don't have a pic of it but my uncle and I had to install the glass ourselves, no local shops wanted to do it.

Also decided to use Oracle's halo headlights but i did take a little bit of modifying to make them fit. While i was working on the the headlights I also rewired them with a relay so that they now draw power directly from the battery. So much brighter now its incredible.

image8.jpg

Also finally settled on wheels. Decided on the Year One 17 inch rallyes

image6.jpg

The spoiler and go wing I had hydodipped in carbon fiber turned out awesome, the guy knocked it out of the park. Also painted my headlight bezels to resemble more of a looped grill.

AdobePhotoshopExpress_2015_04_27_16_44_48.jpg

image4.jpg

Got the functional scoops installed, found this cool mesh online.

image3.jpg

Then we headed to the show! The Dart is my dad's daily driver he has had it restored for about 3 years now, it was awesome having our cars side by side for the first time.

IMG_0828.jpg

Can you tell I've hardly slept this last week?

IMG_0827.jpg

IMG_0826.jpg

image2.jpg

IMG_0824.JPG

image1.jpg

IMG_0825.JPG

The show was a blast, we had great weather it threatened to rain but didn't, ended up being sunny and nice most of the day. The cruise was also a ton of fun but you're basically in stop and go traffic for 2 hrs. The my car started leaning out on me and wanting to stall. Over the next 2 days it has gotten worse and now it wont idle at all when the engine is warm, so ill have to trouble shoot that and try to figure out whats causing it. Also need to get the rest of the interior installed and a few other things to finish before shes all back together.

Thanks bruce! It's crazy seeing my vision a reality. So happy with it.

Looks killer.
The new headlights are great at nite huh? Might have to look into those for my Charger.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Need up date with pics
Bruce

Not much has changed on the car, had to redo the front spoiler, it was too low and got some road rash and cracked. Been messing under the hood. Trying to get the car running cooler and just swapped to a quick fuel carb... trying to get that dialed in. I think my transmission might need some TLC as well... always something. lol
but we just had our local car show and had perfect weather for it.
I also started an automotive club at the high school where I teach. We held a Show & Shine during the car show week and had over 200 cars show up to the high school. The biggest of the week! The kids and drivers had a blast. Cant wait for next year.

Here's some photos for ya!
IMG_7695.JPG

Oh and I forgot i did get the windows tinted finallly!
IMG_7773.JPG

Here was the flyer for our car show

IMG_7804.JPG

The awards where made by the woodshop

IMG_7886.JPG

Here are a few pics from the car show week
IMG_7909.JPG

IMG_7970.JPG

Auto Transport Service
Back