• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Meme not a Meme Thread Part DEUX

Everyone can agree with this, right?

1 B 25.jpg

I tried to state it in my earlier post when I said "things will never be 100% consistent". We are a few guys who have been asked to be moderators on the site. We're human, not a bunch of programmed robots and we don't hold an hour long discussion group when deleting posts. I have no doubt there are variations between us, and even for any given moderator, day to day. There are thousands of posts each day too, and we can't check every single one of them, so I'm sure some slip by. Quite frankly, it's a bit of a thankless job, and it's not made easier when somebody whines that the "overlords" are singling them out.

Let it go man.
You've definitely hit the ground running there Hawk. :thumbsup:

All I can offer, is the same as I messaged you.
There are plenty of other memes in this very thread which are just as "risqué", and are on the same PG..not G rating...yet they soldier on.
That is what I find interesting.

Just my 2 cents.

Here is my 2 cents.

First, we get over 1000 posts every day. We don't see them all. We really can't review all posts made every day. So the whole argument that yours was deleted not being fair because someone else's wasn't doesn't really work.

Also as HawkRod stated, "We're human, not a bunch of programmed robots and we don't hold an hour long discussion group when deleting posts." - that is dead on.

As a member that has stepped on my own "member" many times, getting a post or a meme deleted does sting a little sometimes but I have really lightened up about how I let it get to me.
It is rare that I've posted something that I knew was risky or borderline. Most of the ones I get pushback on are a matter of me NOT thinking first before submitting.
To those that don't know, Moderator/Kiwi opened another thread awhile back for memes and other content that is a bit too sexy, weird, profane or just not suitable for gentler souls...that thread is known as "Funny chit that there isn't a forum"....

https://www.forbbodiesonly.com/mopa...-for-be-warned.166620/page-386#post-912736373

This is an excellent option for the content that falls outside the boundaries of good taste.
You may need to be a Gold Member to access it but what the heck....Spend the fifty bucks to help the site stay afloat and safe from viruses and the like. The GOLD status allows a few perks that the commoners don't have.

01 funny 8.jpg

I got notice a couple of my memes were deleted. I haven't posted any for ages so I suspect they were old posts.

Meh.

I have bigger things to worry about, so I'm not sweating it one bit.

They're pictures, folks. With snarky comments attached. We aren't talking War And Peace here... Move on, and let it go.

But officer.....why did you pull me over?

That car in front of me was speeding, too, and so was the one in front of it.....

Only 2 deleted for me. I feel like an underachiever!

YfZit3u.gif

Feel free to delete if offensive, defensive, repulsive, disgraceful, deplorable, despicable, disrespectful, shameful, inappropriate, reprehensible, abominable, non-conforming, non-performing or in poor taste.

Auto Transport Service
Back