• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The motor home keeps giving

Bobby Sixkiller

Local time
2:42 PM
Reaction score
image.jpg
So my 73 roadrunner was factory colum shift. The shifter handle and all the linkage was gone. I had a slapstick and all the linkage for it in the trunk of a car out back. So. Easy enough I swapped it in. Now the steering colum was still set up for the shifter. So I robbed the 3top pieces on the colum from the motor home out back. Painted them up and swapped them in. Looks factory floor shift now. Almost. All just stuff laying around.

20191103_154523.jpg
I did the conversion to my 73 Charger,but I never finished the job,so it has both shifters,I call it the Mopar version of the his and hers shifter! I have all of the steering column parts all blasted and painted, along with the tuff wheel adapter and tuff wheel. Your car looks good!

Last edited:
I took my column collars off the column, bolted them together and sanded the whole shift selector display pod and everything else completely off on a belt sander then finish sanded and painted it. you can't even tell it was once a chicken leg shifter.

Any chance there is a Gear Venders unit on that motor home?.

Auto Transport Service
Back