• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The new ram sucks

I've owned numerous 1973-1993 dodge trucks.

As far as I'm concerned nothing compares as far as stone ax reliability.

This is my current truck, and it has been hammered mercilessly, with a 360/833 OD.

I've had 2200 lbs in the bed and the only issue was that it crushed the tailpipes.

What happens to all the current model trucks and cars when their software flakes out in 10 or 20 years ?

I would like the comfort and convenience of a modern truck, but since I do not make a living with my truck, I'll stick with the old stuff.

View attachment 1037119

The point you bring up about software and electronics is a solid one: im already experiencing problems replacing modules and controllers for my 4th generation mustangs and F bodys and they're barely turning 20. Now with those cars i could see the restoration/aftermarket industry helping out, but what about everything else that doesn't have an enthusiast following? Looking under the hood of anything manufactured past, oh I dunno, 2009 they will be a nightmare to maintain...

Auto Transport Service
Back