• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The old.... lets see some wheel pics - may be looking to swap out

Yes. The gunmetal is a powder coat, then the whole wheel is clear powdercoat.
One more thing tho, you will probably need longer studs, which opens another can of worms. I definitely needed longer studs on my 57, but 57 chevy parts are everywhere.
Dang.... didn't think about longer studs. I know mine have been changed. They seem plenty long. But will have to see how thick these new ones are.
In the "old days", mags used mag shoulder lugs that fitted thru the wheel, so the customer didn't need new studs. The new style "mag wheels" seem to use conical lugs, that don't go thru the wheel. So, if you have a 3/4" long thread on the stud, with the old mag lugs, no problem. But if you have 3/4" long studs, and the wheel using conicals is 1/2" or 5/8" thick, suddenly you have about three threads holding your wheel on. With conical, I wouldnt have any less than 1 1/2" of threaded studs.
(I have 3" or more studs on almost everything I own.....)
Yeah absolutely. I've had both in the past - just slipped my mind.

I think I'll be OK. The studs were all changed ti RH thread and "shouldn't " be an issue.

Here's at least a pic of the fronts....

20220811_171150.jpg

Dang.... didn't think about longer studs. I know mine have been changed. They seem plenty long. But will have to see how thick these new ones are.

Yeah absolutely. I've had both in the past - just slipped my mind.

I think I'll be OK. The studs were all changed ti RH thread and "shouldn't " be an issue.

Here's at least a pic of the fronts....

View attachment 1328794
Those look to be at least a half inch longer than factory 57 Chevy studs. You should be ok. Check it out, anyway...

Auto Transport Service
Back