• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The old.... lets see some wheel pics - may be looking to swap out

Garceau

Local time
10:52 AM
Reaction score
Guys - I am in a bit of a conundrum.

At times I look at my car and love the blacked out wheels and little caps. I especially love it more when it has this look with over 500 inches under the hood.

However other times I love the look of a vintage "mag" style. Torque Thrust type wheel and a few others.

Such issues always make my head hurt - so lets add to the already 372 threads about wheel looks for our 66 and 67s.

heres a few pics....

Driver side.jpg Front Qtr To.jpg rear qtr away.jpg

at 1 time, 1 of the wheel manufactures had a thing where you could pick a pic of your car and start swapping wheels to see what they looked like. we did it on my coronet wagon. don't remember who but it came down to torque thrusts and what i have on it now, pro stars.

I mix mine up all the time. Kind of like women with shoes. I have a set of Cragars, Rallyes, Road Wheels, Steelies and Weld Magnums.

jpeg-imag.jpg 20170903_161436.jpg 70RTSE1.jpg New 70 Charger.jpg IMG_55521.jpg 20200919_150644.jpg 20210530_123448.jpg IMG9539301.jpg

My 66
With Steel wheels
Torq thrust D
And now Rocket racing fuel Gray
PXL_20220130_114428679.MP.jpg
PXL_20220223_134749520.jpg
PXL_20220130_121417328.jpg
IMG-20220118-WA0012.jpg
IMG-20220118-WA0013.jpg

I’ve tried a couple sets other than the Magnums. The Kelseys are my favorite.
9E7766A1-ED09-4A52-8F66-0E4EE07EFA38.jpeg
2A10A09B-0EE2-4B5B-8FF2-E8351FDA7BCE.jpeg

The truth is, those wheels you got were thrown out as fast as one was able to do. Cragar SS, Torq-thrust, Ansen slots, Keystone classics, chrome reverse, etc, etc. whatever piqued your taste. Back in the day, driving with those wheels was almost as bad as driving a 4-door.

The truth is, those wheels you got were thrown out as fast as one was able to do. Cragar SS, Torq-thrust, Ansen slots, Keystone classics, chrome reverse, etc, etc. whatever piqued your taste. Back in the day, driving with those wheels was almost as bad as driving a 4-door.
He has 15" wheels from an 80's cop car?

Some call them cop wheels, taxicab wheels, grandma wheels... all the same... they went in the garbage without looking too closely.
My point was he doesn't have the original 14" X 5.5" wheels on there.
Secondly I would never throw out a good set of 15" X 7" wheels.

But you know my grandfather used to say
"There's an idiot born every minute.
... and most of them live."

I get that then.... but now I somewhat like the sleeper-ish look. Again there is enough under the hood to draw attention. But man I love the look of some of the wheel systems shown here. Looking forward to seeing some in person this summer and making a decision.

Most likely I will hold off on wheels until I put a dana under it - and possibly move the springs inboard some. Hate to drop 2k, and then need new ones next fall. But if I found a set cheap enough I could be convinced....its only money :)

Geez now that I think about it - then I may have to factor in a larger than 15 inch wheel...... my head hurts.

thanks everyone - keep the pics coming

Auto Transport Service
Back