• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The One I Loved Back Then Is Available

If you can have only one I would vote for the one you have been waiting on.
This is it, good luck.

Going with your heart over cars and not a woman is a winner every time. Not so much the other way...

Chuck (snook)

If the other Red demonstrator GTX car is what you wanted
sell the Hemi car, go for it, maybe have a lil' pocket change left too

I'm not a fan of red cars 'at all'
I did have a 69 RR RM21 R4 with a black vinyl roof & bucket seat gutts
back in like 1978-79-ish
sold it not long after I bought it, what I originally intended on doing with it
for funding my 68 Charger R/T racecar at the time, my 1st Charger

(I wish I could get that Charger back, sold it to an older cousin Joe,
who totaled it in like 2 weeks, after I owned it for well over a decade
)

you may regret it if you don't
if you're in the financial position
"buy it now" & sell (or keep) the Hemi car as/if you can

I personally like the green car,
greens & teals/turquoises have always been my favorites
but it's not my dream it's yours
& I don't have room for any more cars, even a Hemi car

68 RR LL1 10-29-2017 #4a PS frt.JPG

If the other Red demonstrator GTX car is what you wanted
sell the Hemi car, go for it, maybe have a lil' pocket change left too

I'm not a fan of red cars 'at all'
I did have a 69 RR RM21 R4 with a black vinyl roof & bucket seat gutts
back in like 1978-79-ish
sold it not long after I bought it, what I originally intended on doing with it
for funding my 68 Charger R/T racecar at the time, my 1st Charger

(I wish I could get that Charger back, sold it to an older cousin Joe,
who totaled it in like 2 weeks, after I owned it for well over a decade
)

you may regret it if you don't
if you're in the financial position
"buy it now" & sell (or keep) the Hemi car as/if you can

I personally like the green car,
greens & teals/turquoises have always been my favorites
but it's not my dream it's yours
& I don't have room for any more cars, even a Hemi car

View attachment 1302946
Back when the Demonstrator was new, my ex brother-in-law had a green '69 Hemi Road Runner, which I loved as well. The colors are both equally good with me, and I had 50 years to fantasize about driving a Hemi; the green GTX met my expectations. My memories of Julie Clark as a mentor tip the balance toward the Demonstrator, but I haven't seen the car in 47 years. Condition and price might make the decision for me, and get me off the hook. If the car is nice and fairly priced, it will be tough.

That test drive changed my life forever. When I handed the keys back to Julie Clark, she told me I had what it took to own that car down the road, I just needed to keep applying myself over time. Back then I wasn't so sure, but I thought of her words when things weren't going well, and they kept me moving forward, for 50 years.
That's just awesome. So few times in life are we presented the opportunity to "make right" a situation that was so
influential at the time.
I wish you could have both, of course - but I'm thinking I'd follow my "destiny" if only one is possible. :thumbsup:

You know my stance after our talk earlier today.

BUT,,,,,

Go look take deposit money with you . But leave your emotions at home.
But DO NOT over pay for the car , Even if it is the car of your dreams of days gone by

I have the car of my dreams mainly for color combination. Hemi just made it expensive. And that car will be with me till my last breath . ...God willing. Then my daughter gets the keys

I've owned nothing but Plymouths over the years. (Current below.) And I can say with little hesitation that the GTX is the finest car Plymouth ever built. A friend has a '69 Charger. Both are base models. His 383 auto. My GTX 440 4-speed. And although he could likely get 30%-50% more for his B5 black interior Charger? My GTX is a better car. Drives better. And 4-speed just kills auto on the muscle car experience. I would not trade even up. Market be damned!

Corys Mopars.jpg

The answer does not lie here. The answer lies in your heart. It's just like a woman... you don't need anyone else to give you the answer. The answer comes from within.

In the fall of 1968, the owner of our local dealership ordered a '69 dealer demonstrator 440 GTX, which would serve as his personal vehicle for the next 15 years before finally being sold to a customer. It was also unique in having every available factory option, with the exception of a vinyl top. I got a test drive in it at the age of 16, and have tried, without success, to buy it, from the time I finished college. The current owner has just contacted me. The car is for sale, I have right of first refusal. Those of you on this site who have followed my journey know that I ended up purchasing a '68 Hemi GTX from another FBBO member after having my last offer on the Demonstrator rejected. I can have one but not both. What would you do?

View attachment 1302917

View attachment 1302918

You can always tell me where it is so I can buy it.

Just kidding.

Say: I had a Hemi once. Does it feel good? Because you will be saying it often. Or you could be driving it often.

Sorry, forget the old girlfriend, go for the one with big, dual hooters

Deep down, you know what to do. This post is just asking for verification. Get on with it, and make someone else a Happy Hemi owner.

I wonder, if I had the chance to get my first car back ('70 GTX 440 4-speed), would I sell my Hemi to get it? I'm not so sure. The question for me would be, which would I regret more, passing on my old car or selling my Hemi? It's impossible to know the answer now, but that would be what I'd have to ponder. Like you, that car changed my life when I was a teenager.

As you said, the present condition and price may make the decision for you. And you may just know the answer without question once you see it. Good luck with your decision!

Say: I had a Hemi once. Does it feel good? Because you will be saying it often. Or you could be driving it often.

Sorry, forget the old girlfriend, go for the one with big, dual hooters
Nice analogy

So now you‘ve got a dilemma on your hands. Here’s my thoughts: Difficult to overthink anything until you see and drive the car. Everything regarding condition and price being acceptable - Which color do you like best? Which car is optioned best to your liking? For me I’ve always preferred the 68 over the 69 X. How about you? Then lastly will you be ok with a 440 rather than the much rarer Elephant? Answer all those questions in your mind and buy or keep the one that checks all the boxes. On the last question re; the motor. I would much prefer the Elephant over the 440. Rarity, cache, and value all come to mind. A Hemi is a Hemi and a 440 is a dime a dozen. Mine, as you know was a hopped up 440 - upgraded the original numbers matching motor to be a true beast including making it a six pack via the purchased original equipt 69 six pack set up, hood etc. I would not have traded my 68 X for any car - especially after doing the ground up and how completely hot the color, paint choice I used - having made the decision over 20 years before the resto. My very first ever car and my soul mate for 48 years before bestowing it on a best friend for a myriad of reasons.

So you have a decision to make. Do what you must. Check the boxes - think deeply about the motor element and as I said - buy or keep. Only you can reason that out. Pls keep us updated on the process and the decision. For some reason with this new site set up I don’t see as much as I did before - so if you like even pm me when the final, final comes in. After our prong phone conversation that one Sunday I have a decent feel for your love of the X car in general. If you want to bounce anything off me during the process even feel free to ring me up. Whatever decision you make will be the right one. That’s what’s most important. Good luck!

Just go get it and keep the hemi to that way you best of both worlds

Auto Transport Service
Back