• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Prorac 1968 sport satellite convertible restoration thread

Me and Jason did a little more picking away at the Satellite this weekend.

Nothing major. But we finished unhooking and unwinding the hydraulic hoses to the top cylinders. Somebody had done some “rerouting” years ago.

No big deal. Just a little spilt fluid. Lol.

I’m planing on resealing the cylinders and pulling apart and checking the motor before reinstalling anyways.

IMG_4128.jpeg
IMG_4129.jpeg

Next we took measurements in about 10 different areas. That’s what make sure everything stays where it supposed to be when we cut the floors apart.

IMG_4126.jpeg
IMG_4127.jpeg

Then, we started welding up the bracing or framework.

IMG_4130.jpeg
IMG_4133.jpeg
IMG_4134.jpeg

Thank you for reading. Eric and Jason.

While Jason was welding I noticed a “picture” waiting to be taken that took me back in time.

Same shop, same kid, same welder, same helmet.

Grandpa taught Jason how to weld.

IMG_4131.jpeg
IMG_4132.png

It’s days like this that we miss him most. But we know……he’s always here.

Thanks for reading. More to come. Eric and Jason.

Some more progress on the Convertible this last weekend.

We really need to find a better name for this project other than “convertible”. Lol

Anyways. Lol

We removed the “tack strip” or whatever it’s called around the convertible top well. It holds the sail panels and contains the buttons that the cover snaps too. We only broke 3 bolts so I feel it went pretty well. Lol

There was very little rust in this area. Which is surprising considering how much rust the rest of the car has and how neglected it was for so many years. Happy surprise.

IMG_4169.jpeg
IMG_4170.jpeg
IMG_4171.jpeg
IMG_4174.jpeg
IMG_4175.jpeg
IMG_4176.jpeg

Next we removed the brake pedal assembly and the drivers side cold air box. Thus making the firewall officially empty.

IMG_4173.jpeg

Then we made some bracing across the front of the interior that we will connect to the rear bracing before we tear the floors and frame rails out.

IMG_4177.jpeg
IMG_4178.jpeg

Next weekend we’re hoping to tackle the rear window regulators and remove those from the car.

The front regulators can wait since we’re skinning both doors, it will be easier to remove them at that time.

Thanks for reading. More to come.

IMG_4172.jpeg

Nice to see a father and son project. Will be following your progress

Auto Transport Service
Back