• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THE SMARTEST MAN WHO EVER LIVED

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sounds like context may have been missed here.
Giving all credit and glory to God vs the smartest man (not the son of God).
To be the son of the creator, having knowledge of past and future, the ability to make the blind see, the lame walk and the dead to rise superceeds anything any mortal could do. And what I beleive the contention here is, that we give honor and acknowledgement to God by virtue of His word.
Where as the video speaks to a founding father and and as others chimed in with other candidates, have contributed to modern man.
Personally I try to give all credit to our creator as we are bound to death and time here on earth. Through him people have been blessed with intelligence, foresight, and inovation.
On a lighter note I think this man deserves some credit...

images.jpeg

Sounds like context may have been missed here.
Giving all credit and glory to God vs the smartest man (not the son of God).
To be the son of the creator, having knowledge of past and future, the ability to make the blind see, the lame walk and the dead to rise superceeds anything any mortal could do. And what I beleive the contention here is, that we give honor and acknowledgement to God by virtue of His word.
Where as the video speaks to a founding father and and as others chimed in with other candidates, have contributed to modern man.
Personally I try to give all credit to our creator as we are bound to death and time here on earth. Through him people have been blessed with intelligence, foresight, and inovation.
On a lighter note I think this man deserves some credit...

View attachment 1231054
I'm going to guess this is just you opinion because you said, I believe or personally or are you trying to move the same agenda forward. Everyone of us believe in our creator, that's a fact. This was not about that and everyone here knows that. Making someone uncomfortable by pushing that view point steals from the true intent of the light hearted fun originally set forth. This is why so many wars are still being fought over opinions on religion. Yes, I too should walk away and let it be.

I'm going to guess this is just you opinion because you said, I believe or personally or are you trying to move the same agenda forward. Everyone of us believe in our creator, that's a fact. This was not about that and everyone here knows that. Making someone uncomfortable by pushing that view point steals from the true intent of the light hearted fun originally set forth. This is why so many wars are still being fought over opinions on religion. Yes, I too should walk away and let it be.
It appears you may have failed to read the first line in my post.
Its all opinion and belief, I have my view, other have theirs. Some get offended or pissed when opions differ.
Again, I think the context may have been misinterpreted which devolved shortly thereafter. I get both sides, some call it an allen wrench, while others say its a hex key. My opinion is no different from others, its mine and mine alone, right wrong or indifferent.Serious or humorous, its how its interpreted and I try not to live by what others believe or dont as it does not affect me either way nor should mine affect others.
I dont have an agenda nor did I push one other than trying to smooth things over. If we cant share opinions, no matter how different, with out getting offended then this site is pointless. You have to take the good with the bad.
Because someone said JC, whether it was tounge and cheek or had a more serious tone, several decided to chase that rabbit. Did I commmnet? yes, did I share my view? yes and for both side, the seriousness of the later threads & the joking side refering to RCs post. I wont apologize for saying I give credit to JC. I dont have a problem with professing my belief even if it hurt someones feelings. I ( try) do it in all conditions, jokingly, in sadnness, good times and in bad, but thats me. Im not judging those that dont
When it comes down to, it we all are on borrowed time whether you think you came from some primordial ooze, evolved from a monkey or were designed by an Omnipotent being, it does not change that fact.

It appears you may have failed to read the first line in my post.
Its all opinion and belief, I have my view, other have theirs. Some get offended or pissed when opions differ.
Again, I think the context may have been misinterpreted which devolved shortly thereafter. I get both sides, some call it an allen wrench, while others say its a hex key. My opinion is no different from others, its mine and mine alone, right wrong or indifferent.Serious or humorous, its how its interpreted and I try not to live by what others believe or dont as it does not affect me either way nor should mine affect others.
I dont have an agenda nor did I push one other than trying to smooth things over. If we cant share opinions, no matter how different, with out getting offended then this site is pointless. You have to take the good with the bad.
Because someone said JC, whether it was tounge and cheek or had a more serious tone, several decided to chase that rabbit. Did I commmnet? yes, did I share my view? yes and for both side, the seriousness of the later threads & the joking side refering to RCs post. I wont apologize for saying I give credit to JC. I dont have a problem with professing my belief even if it hurt someones feelings. I ( try) do it in all conditions, jokingly, in sadnness, good times and in bad, but thats me. Im not judging those that dont
When it comes down to, it we all are on borrowed time whether you think you came from some primordial ooze, evolved from a monkey or were designed by an Omnipotent being, it does not change that fact.
That's a viewpoint I can understand
And agree with. Just for the record, I'm not sure about the monkey thing!! LOL. Make no mistake, I believe there is a God and for that I am grateful. Thanks for sharing.
By dragging this out everyone gets a chance to see closer to this debate with both sides coming together.

For all you religious people, and I don't care what religion you adhere to, listen to some debates. You've spent countless hours listening to one side. Listen to the counter-argument. Christopher Hitchens, Richard Dawkins, Sam, and Dan Dennett - are all very good. Other good ones are Sean Carroll, Seth Andrews, Lawrence Krauss, Stephen Fry, David Silverman, Dan Barker, Stephen Law Carl Sagan, and Neil Degrasse Tyson. All I'm asking is for you to broaden your view.

Sam Harris is a great place to start.

Last edited:
For all you religious people, and I don't care what religion you adhere to, listen to some debates. You've spent countless hours listening to one side. Listen to the counter-argument. Christopher Hitchens, Richard Dawkins, Sam, and Dan Dennett - are all very good. Other good ones are Sean Carroll, Seth Andrews, Lawrence Krauss, Stephen Fry, David Silverman, Dan Barker, Stephen Law Carl Sagan, and Neil Degrasse Tyson. All I'm asking is for you to broaden your view.

Sam Harris is a great place to start.

Im not looking to debunk my faith, thats why its called faith.
Hebrews 11:1 Now faith is the assurance of things hoped for, the conviction of things not seen.

Stephen Hawking was a very clever man. Much of what we know about the universe can be linked to his lifetime of study.

4fpafq-jpg.jpg

I always like to feed my brain. I've been talking a lot about Quantum Physics lately. Now I'm studying Lawrence Krauss' book Something From Nothing. About the beginning of the universe. I really have to put the blinders on for any religion but we're just different.

RC: I've had GM's Every Thing She Wants stuck in my head for about a week. It's just too damn catchy. That hair was something. I heard his sister was always on tour with him and she was his hairdresser. Then she shaved it all off. She died one year to the day (Christmas Day) after him.

Last edited:
I don't get it. The most fervent believer in the world will still die. If there is a loving god there aren't many more curses a man could be stricken with.

I don't get it. The most fervent believer in the world will still die. If there is a loving god there aren't many more curses a man could be stricken with.

For a man that seems to like to brag about how “smart” he is - Makes me wonder if you’ve ever even picked up a bible with the intent to read and understand God’s word, or spent any time listening to or studying a good apologetic. Seems pretty unlikely to me. Atheists have a miserably poor record of attempting to debate anyone like Josh McDowell, Lee Stobel or Dennis Prager - who’s not even a Christian, and scores of others. It’s pretty easy to be a keyboard cowboy and sit there deny the facts with out even attempting to explore their depth, or read the writings that have been left for us by those that walked with and witnessed the miracles of the man who died for us. Then nearly every one of these men were martyred in gruesome ways when they refused to deny the works of Jesus. They left behind, and we have the real actual written word discover over time in the Dead Sea Scrolls. We know as Christians we will be denied and persecuted - but we also know as Christians what the end result will be. Since you’re a man of self proclaimed striking intelligence why don’t you try to disprove rather than shallowly criticize? Lee Stobel was a self described atheists who’s wife came to Christ. He was bitter and being a highly intelligent accomplished professional man set out to disprove what his wife had come to understand as the Truth. For years he studied and made every attempt - Lee Strobel is now a world renowned Christian apologetic of the deepest faith. Do you have the courage to do what Lee and many others have done - or is it simply easier and more enjoyable to sit back, criticize and mock others who have come to know? Let see how much courage you have by reading a few of the works of these men and correlating it with the Bible. Will you still deny - maybe. But it would be all at your own peril.

And I would lay that same challenge out for any man here or anywhere else that wants to express some of the things I’ve seen expressed here. This isn’t about religion, church or anything else that doesn’t speak of the Truth. Organized religion and church’s and the like are all man made institutions. To say there isn’t a place for God here because it’s a car forum makes me wonder what so many here mean when they say they”re sending prayers for the misfortune of one of us when something happens.
I guess I wonder where are all the prayers going and to whom are they going to if not God? I think he belongs everywhere because this is his Kingdom not yours. You can express what you will about me - but I’m basically just telling you all that I’ll not stand down from my faith and beliefs for any man. And I’ll take the hard knocks and strikes that are likely to come with that stance. If I stand alone so be it.

There is a price for mans sin, death, but because God does love each and every one of us from the most holy to the sinner, He made a promise to us all that we could live for eternity with Him in heaven. To honor His promise He gave a perfect gift, untainted, that He knew man would condemn and reject because of our nature.
There was a condition to that promise however, and that was to have faith, believe in the unseen and be obedient to His word. He doesn't expect perfection, knows we cannot achieve that yet still offers redemption and salvation by asking JC to forgive and be a part of our lives and follow His teachings.
Its funny how people can envision aliens, different worlds evolution, time travel, alternate universes but the thought of a all giving, loving and forgiving God is crazy zealot talk.
I've always believed, had a lot of question though and tried to fill in the blanks with my assumptions, but it wasn't until I started getting in the word did I start to see a bigger picture. God cramped my style and was inconvenient early on in my teens, 20s-40s.
I can tell you this, since devoting time to seek Him consistently, accepting JC, and trying to be obedient, I am a better person, still with a LOT of flaws, but there is now peace. There is no fear of the what ifs, I can see the light in the darkness. When I cant, I can patiently wait knowing that it will come. God doesn't cause strife, He promises to get us through it.

I didn't go into it because I have before. But for those who didn't hear it the first time. I was raised Lutheran I went to Lutheran School from Kindergarten to 8th grade. We sang about 4 hymns and read about 10 bible verses a day. I memorized at least one Bible verse every day. I went to Sunday School then church every Sunday. I went to Vacation Bible School every summer. As an adult, I worked for Cook Communication Ministries here in Colorado Springs. I have written children's books and produced videos on the Bible. I'm pretty knowledgeable about the Christian religion. Watch out who you're calling a keyboard cowboy. I'm willing to bet I know a whole lot more about Christianity than you. I just can't believe in it anymore.

Let's take this test.

Do you believe in Noah's Ark?
Somehow he got all the animals from all the continents to the middle-east including dinosaurs (Ken Ham) and then got them all back again?
If Noah's Ark isn't true, the Bible isn't true.
If the Bible isn't true it's not the word of God.
If it's not the word of God it's made up by men.
You're believing in something made up by iron-age sheepherders in the middle-east from 4000 to 2000 years ago.

I didn't go into it because I have before. But for those who didn't hear it the first time. I was raised Lutheran I went to Lutheran School from Kindergarten to 8th grade. We sang about 4 hymns and read about 10 bible verses a day. I memorized at least one Bible verse every day. I went to Sunday School then church every Sunday. I went to Vacation Bible School every summer. As an adult, I worked for Cook Communication Ministries here in Colorado Springs. I have written children's books and produced videos on the Bible. I'm pretty knowledgeable about the Christian religion. Watch out who you're calling a keyboard cowboy. I'm willing to bet I know a whole lot more about Christianity than you. I just can't believe in it anymore.

I’m sorry for you - but we’re all given a choice, free will. It’s ours to do with as we choose. You have that right as much as anyone. Only you would presume to know more than I - But my question would be about what? Because you wear a badge of honor for going thru the motions as a Lutheran? I did the same for much of my life as a Catholic. But while I learned some basic things about Christ - there was no real substance to it for me for my life plan and future. Just because you went through all the motions really means nothing. You obviously never had the courage to take it to a personal relationship and to the upper levels. You stunted yourself - God didn’t do that to you - you did it to yourself. All I see from what you state above is paper profits from a bankrupt company. Which usually amounts to exactly nothing. I see no response to my questions/challenges to you above. I would be surprised if you even knew of the men I speak. Be that as it may it’s not my job to judge and not my intent - challenge an atheist is well within what I can do. When you trivialize what I say, when you mock my Savior I will stand in defense everyday - even though I don’t need to. You did so in public making it even more offensive. I kept quiet for a bit until I had to say what I had to say. I frankly don’t think you know anything about Christianity. Your comments put that on full display. You’re the guy that reads about a theory yet knows nothing about practical application of the theory. But likes to talk about how you know it all. In the end everyone will bow their knee wether they believe or not.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back