• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Twins

metaldad

Local time
3:18 AM
Reaction score
anyone watching this auction? (2) buick grand nationals, sequential vins. hasn't met reserve yet, @ $200,000 as of now.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/1987-Buick...ash=item3b0069289c:g:sKwAAOSwX7Bad4Q4&vxp=mtr
s-l1600.jpg

If I had that kind of money and wanted a cool Buick Is buy a GSX.

Call me a party pooper, but honestly ... if I were spending 200G, buying those cars wouldn't even be a thought.

I use to work at a Buick dealer and one of the bodyman bought one in 86 , he wanted a gnx but they never sold any in canada
he still has the car , original tires on it. it only has 40 000 km . can you imagine posing traction was a option
I think it cost 250$ more

I'd have to have T tops.

Friend of mine had a pre- GN '78 regal sport coupe turbo

it was OK, but he thought it was equal to a GNX, which it certainly was not.

I like these twins much better. Although not identical, both 73 340 Roadrunners, both painted at same body shop, but 30 years apart, one auto, one manual, both 3.55 gears, both white interior with bucket seats.
DSC04795.JPG

My best friend from high school still has his GN. 18k miles, climate controlled storage, looks like new and is a fraction of that money. I should buy it, claim a ridiculous barn find story and cash in lol.

If they were both a GNX, maybe. But a regular Grand National, no. They were cool in their day, some people still like the look but speed wise they'd have problems with some modern smaller displacement non-turbo V6 cars.

Auto Transport Service
Back