• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Then Came Bronson

1STMP

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
9:40 AM
Reaction score
The way back machine.
Who here remembers
the series "Then came
Bronson" with Michael
Parks?
As a teen, I never missed
an episode.
Harley, open road, freedom.
Though a somewhat soft
demeanor.
There was just something
about this series that played
to a young man's heart.

o.m.g . , my older brother and i never missed an episode. was definitely on out favorite program list .

I never saw an episode when the series ran. Then got curious a few years back and whatched one and thought, SERIOUSLY ... what a pile of crap. But I probably would have loved it as a kid!

I never saw an episode when the series ran. Then got curious a few years back and whatched one and thought, SERIOUSLY ... what a pile of crap. But I probably would have loved it as a kid!
Attitudes change with the
times. You gotta remember
this series competed with
other series such as
Dragnet, Bewitched, I Dream
of Jeanie (oh Barbara Eden),
Red Skelton, Jackie Gleason.
Much simpler times of no
computers, no cel phones.

I remember getting the model of his bike for my birthday.

1709217787097.png

he and show sort of reminds of the show with David Janssen the fugitive

Attitudes change with the
times. You gotta remember
this series competed with
other series such as
Dragnet, Bewitched, I Dream
of Jeanie (oh Barbara Eden),
Red Skelton, Jackie Gleason.
Much simpler times of no
computers, no cel phones.
tv shows we so much different back then . it’s amazing. compared to what’s on on daily series tv nowadays…

Hey where you going?
Wherever I wind up, I guess
Goin down that long lonesome hiway
Gonna do things my way

Bronson's best work in my opinion is “ The Great Escape” and second was “The Dirty Dozen “. But then again I like war movies.

Different Bronson, but I too
like most of his movies.
Lol I didn’t even look at the clip. I am sorry. You know I have vague memories of watching this show back in the day. I wanted to be like him. He was cool for his time. I remember the hat which triggered the memories of the show.

I remember getting the model of his bike for my birthday.

View attachment 1618081
I also had that model back in the day. As a kid I also loved the series. Recently saw the pilot show which explains why and how Bronson ends up on the road. Opening scene has his best friend commit suicide by jumping to his death, Bronson ends up with his sportster and so goes the adventure. Actor who jumps is a young Martin Sheen. Yeah I remember the series. Lol

I thought I only saw the movie!
Actually, thinking back, I did see a few of the series, not many. This was before VCR's & such if I am not mistaken. Shift work has allowed me to make a living yet has ruined my life & health!

Last edited:
I thought I only saw the movie!
Actually, thinking back, I did see a few of the series, not many. This was before VCR's & such if I am not mistaken. Shift work has allowed me to make a living yet has ruined my life & health!
Hard to put a like to this as
to your life and health.
But I do place a like on your
past rememberances. No
VCR's then, and just barely
into the realm of color TV.
Our household still utilized
a rotary phone. What's
really odd, is I still remember
the phone number.

The shift work ruined my life because it's the nature of my profession. Other friends of mine on this site do the same thing. (stationary engineers), power plant operators. Seven days in a row for straight time and working all 3 shifts. The midnights are the killer, that's what I am on right now. Been doing this for more than 35 years. It takes an average of 7 years off your life. Only one weekend off a month. Average life expectancy for men is now down to 73. Take half of the 7 years off & I have been dead for about 3 years already, lol. Also, long commutes. I have driven almost 2 million "Mopar only" miles. My health ain't that bad but I'm over 70 now & still kickin; laying on the ground working on cars & stuff. The advantages are we are off midweek & can-do things that "real people" can't sometimes. I did have a real job once, for over 10 years. Monday to Friday with weekends & holidays off; just like real folks! Funny, I remember all of my old phone numbers as well. One of my first jobs was working in a movie theater. We could watch for free on days off! We saw lots of them. I think I saw "Butch Cassidy & The Sundance Kid" more than 30 times! (I was an usher). In this day & age, I had cable for many years & Netflix as well. I am sorry as I didn't want to ruin this thread. The good folks here on this site help sustain me. Also, with YouTube and such, I can do things like this while being paid! :p

Last edited:
Auto Transport Service
Back