• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

These people got big balls... Or they are completely insane...

1 Wild R/T

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
3:47 PM
Reaction score
It seems like most younger folks today spend all their time "gaming" or "vaping" or doing some vegetative couch sitting.... There are a few that seem to like experiences outside the house but damn few... Then you run across guys like this....

I use to mountain bike some, still harness my Huskies & like them burn down some excess energy but never rode anywhere near the level of these guys.... Wow...

I dont have the reflexes to try that anymore.
I never had the balls for it even when I had reflexes

I never had those kind of guts, but I used to downhill mtn bike a bunch before it got more popular. I wish I could have been able to do the Megavalanch or similar, but I just got too old. Now I just ride rail trails like the geezer that I am. At least I can do a POV ride-a-long thanks to go-pros.

I used to race BMX, street and dirt ride them too.
I usually was in the ER once or twice a summer being sewed back together. I respect these guys.
:thumbsup:

Used to do some rock-hopping in college, and some VERY minor-league downhilling. Nowadays I just trail ride for cardio.

Those guys? Damn.

Wow! There's "extreme" and then there's Death Wish! How many times did any of them wreck prior to honing those skills?

I did some crazy **** on MX dirtbikes (Motorcycles), trails
& Jamboree stuff on Quads
haven't done much of the Mountain Bike stuff,
I still have one
just do trails to keep my fat *** not so fat or run the dog
I loved being towed behind a ski-boat at 50-60 on a surfboard
& people thought I was nuts...
(when I fell it wasn't into a tree or on a cliff or rock outcroppings)
I liked riding, I liked going fast, but I hated downhills, loved hauling *** uphills

those videos, are cool :thumbsup:
guys have King Kongs balls, lots of practice & time in the seat too
those mostly all aren't average weekend warriors

freaken' nuts

or Nucken' futs

I respect it, but I'd rather do something else
I'm too old for that ****, I don't like being layed up
partially why I quit riding MX bikes, & switched to quads
a whole lot less time with my face in the damn dirt

I did some crazy **** on MX dirtbikes (Motorcycles), trails
& Jamboree stuff on Quads
haven't done much of the Mountain Bike stuff,
I still have one
just do trails to keep my fat *** not so fat or run the dog
I loved being towed behind a ski-boat at 50-60 on a surfboard
& people thought I was nuts...
(when I fell it wasn't into a tree or on a cliff or rock outcroppings)
I liked riding, I liked going fast, but I hated downhills, loved hauling *** uphills

those videos, are cool :thumbsup:
guys have King Kongs balls, lots of practice & time in the seat too
those mostly all aren't average weekend warriors

freaken' nuts

or Nucken' futs

I respect it, but I'd rather do something else
I'm too old for that ****, I don't like being layed up
partially why I quit riding MX bikes, & switched to quads
a whole lot less time with my face in the damn dirt
100% Agree.. I use to really enjoy skiing (well I never liked the cold) but since I never was much for "cruising the blues" I don't bother to go anymore... Can't afford the down time it I were to break myself...

I tried something similar and ended up picking my lips out of the gravel. Back when Helmets were for ball sports.

Theres some brave folks out there that like testing there limits.

100% Agree.. I use to really enjoy skiing (well I never liked the cold) but since I never was much for "cruising the blues" I don't bother to go anymore... Can't afford the down time it I were to break myself...
I loved snow skiing, (not cross country, way to much work)
I loved 'the wall' at Kirkwood, black diamond vertical for the 1st 1,000 ft (IIRC)
you had to cut back & forth, carve your way down or you were toast
that dumped you down into, a black diamond expert moguls run at the bottom
big *** bumps
I used to ski 100 days a year some years
now maybe 3
I hate snow pretty much now, I deal with enough just to live

I do still ski every so often, funny how I can still do it well
even at 63, like I never stopped...
I can still ski, when I can't hardly walk :drinks:

I did some crazy **** on skis, back when 205s (80s 90s) were for hauling *** downhill
(my 20s & 30s) & I used them for everything,
I was that guy (asshole) skiing backwards, showing off on 'the flats'
green diamonds & groomed slopes
I still used them for moguls slalom powder thru the trees
or just carving up groomed slopes, hauling ***...

Now everyone's on like 160 or 180 max, pre-arched all composite skis, really easy to turn
just barely lean into them you go, that a way...
I'm still out there on my 205s working it, sharpening edges & waxing
picking up my uphill ski to turn & getting on my downhill ski's inside edges
& passing them...

Last edited:
I loved snow skiing, (not cross country, way to much work)
I loved 'the wall' at Kirkwood, black diamond vertical for the 1st 1,000 ft (IIRC)
you had to cut back & forth, carve your way down or you were toast
that dumped you down into, a black diamond expert moguls run at the bottom
big *** bumps
I hate snow pretty much now, I deal with enough just to live

I do still ski every so often, funny how I can still do it well
like I never stopped
I did some crazy **** on skis, back when 205s were for hauling *** downhill
& I used them for everything
moguls slalom powder or just carving up groomed slopes, hauling ***
now everyone's on like 160 or 180 max, pre-arched skis
I'm still out there on my 205s passing them
I have no depth perception so Mogul runs suck... I could deal with near verticals & tree runs but moguls suck.. LOL... My brother has a house in Vail so if I wanted to I could spend the winter there... Did I mention I don't like cold...

Back in 82-87 I spend a couple weeks up at Banff every year, a week of group ski lessons was $90... Gave ya a group to ski with & forced me to meet people...

These days I tend stay close to warm places if I can...

I have no depth perception so Mogul runs suck... I could deal with near verticals & tree runs but moguls suck.. LOL... My brother has a house in Vail so if I wanted to I could spend the winter there... Did I mention I don't like cold...

Back in 82-87 I spend a couple weeks up at Banff every year, a week of group ski lessons was $90... Gave ya a group to ski with & forced me to meet people...

These days I tend stay close to warm places if I can...
funny how that works
the older I get the more I like the sun & warmth
dislike the cold & wet & now I live a lot closer to the slopes & snow

I get dragged out there, or guilted into by my kid or my neighbor
I still have fun

I don't like the crowds much anymore either
older I get the less I have tolerance for it

I do like seeing the 'snow bunnies' in them tight stretchy polyester pants thou
even if they are way too young

Warmth... Check

Tolerance for crowds... Check... Though honestly I've never really been that social, hence the reason ski lessons forced me to be sociable...

And these days even though it's outside my happy place I do organize car stuff which still isn't comfortable but people seem to enjoy it...

Like seeing "Snow Bunnies" or Pretty Women in general.. Check...

I used to. Today id be right in the lumberyard! Quickly!

Its a weird thing doing that. Your eyes need to be so far out in front of what your body is doing or else!

watch first segment, this shows what I mean. If you don’t and pick the wrong path, he never makes it to the jump! Which in this case, may not have been a bad thing!:lol:

Every once in a while, you learn of a skier being killed by hitting a tree or buried in an avalanche. Just God's way of saying, "Stay indoors when it's cold outside!" .

At my age would not even consider doing a bike. Riding my motorcycle in traffic is dangerous enough for me. Maybe getting up on the ladder. Just going to the fridge to get a cold one. LOL.

I've done some crazy stuff with bicycles, mini bikes, go-carts and cars. Not many trails for mountain biking around here but there are some now that will at least let you know if you got a hint of what you need. Before the trails I used to ride over at the jr. college on the week ends before they had any security to talk about and ran the walk ways and up an down the wheel chair ramps, stairs and the occasional mountain of dirt from construction areas. Seems like they didn't do much new construction early on but over the last 25-30 years, there's been quite a bit of it but now all construction is fenced off. It was a construction site at the college where I flipped my go-cart end over end more than 50 years ago. And now a days I don't have the knees anymore to do much bike riding.....:(

At my age, Extreme Sports is cleaning the leaves out of the gutters, and putting up Christmas lights.

Auto Transport Service
Back