• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

These people got big balls... Or they are completely insane...

Oh are you talking about now or back when I was younger. We won't even go into how many scrapes and bumps I got when I was a kid. Nothing was too dangerous for me then. :lol:

When I was a kid on the farm, I fell out of the hay mow in our barn. My one leg snagged a nail on a beam on the way down, and got torn open pretty good. Then there was the sudden stop on the concrete floor. This pretty well ended my fascination with height and taught me respect for gravity. When I was on our local VFD, I was the guy on the ground running the pumper. The other guys played with ladders.

When I was a kid on the farm, I fell out of the hay mow in our barn. My one leg snagged a nail on a beam on the way down, and got torn open pretty good. Then there was the sudden stop on the concrete floor. This pretty well ended my fascination with height and taught me respect for gravity. When I was on our local VFD, I was the guy on the ground running the pumper. The other guys played with ladders.
Liked to climb trees as a kid and was still doing it well into my life cutting them. Then one day the thought came into my mind that I'm going to get schooled and get slammed to the ground one day. When I was in my mid 30's I could still walk on top of a newly framed building without any hesitance but forget that stuff now! My dad helped me build my shop (was 33 at the time) and he got up on top to get the ridge board set once all the walls were stood up and once that was done, he never got up there again. He was 63 at that point and once I hit that age, I knew why he didn't want to be up there anymore!

We all used to bounce when younger now we just brake. Working construction jobs if you fell and hit the ground your buddies would say are you ok. One we got our breath back would say yep ok. Even if we were hurt did not want them to think we were a woos. :lol:

We used to do all of this on our BMX bikes as teenagers. We had a trucking company near by with dozens and dozens of semi trailers lined up. We used to like to ride across the top of them and jump from trailer to trailer. We also used to play bike tag on tops of buildings and jump from building to building as well. Apparently, just doing it on the ground was too boring for us. We used to build ramps, line up obstacles to jump, light them on fire, jump over the fire. Build 1/4 & 1/2 pipes etc. All witn no helmet, no pads, no cell phones, drank from anyone's garden hoses and we all lived..... lol. Then we upgraded to dirt bikes and quads. I think we invented Nitro Circus. We just never could afford to take it Pro....

I was riding a dirt bike trail on my sister's StingRay when i was 11. It was essentially a cliff after about 20 feet, then another 20-foot drop to the next level of the trail. Who needs helmets, this was 1971! I crashed hard enough to bend the frame and shatter my right wrist almost to the point to where they were looking to fuse my wrist entirely. I survived that childhood moment. But, after that, I couldn't shoot a rifle right-handed anymore. That almost kept me out of the USAF a few years later. Still scored marksman in Basic, and stayed requalified later on, too!

Smiley Kids of a different era - before technology took over their life.png

this was mine 15 years ago
not as much today
Smiley lifes journey along the way to the grave -worn out & say what a ride-.jpg

mine was more mid-late 60's kids, everyone had wheels at a young age
Smiley 70's kids having fun we didn't know we would be the last.jpg

even looks a lot like me

Schwinn Krate bikes 5 speed Dragster models 1968 orange krate example OCR.jpg

We used to do all of this on our BMX bikes as teenagers. We had a trucking company near by with dozens and dozens of semi trailers lined up. We used to like to ride across the top of them and jump from trailer to trailer. We also used to play bike tag on tops of buildings and jump from building to building as well. Apparently, just doing it on the ground was too boring for us. We used to build ramps, line up obstacles to jump, light them on fire, jump over the fire. Build 1/4 & 1/2 pipes etc. All witn no helmet, no pads, no cell phones, drank from anyone's garden hoses and we all lived..... lol. Then we upgraded to dirt bikes and quads. I think we invented Nitro Circus. We just never could afford to take it Pro....
Played Army and getting up on roof tops and then getting shot and jumping off the roof and tumble over dead lol. Maybe that's why my knees are like they are today!?!!

Steve McQueen #16 On any given Sunday.jpg

Steve McQueen #17 On any given Sunday.jpg

man this guy knew how to live
had the $$$ to do it right too,
hair on fire at mach 2
Steve McQueen #12 60's Can Am race car.jpg

Steve McQueen #10 917k Porsche.jpg

Steve McQueen #18 On any given Sunday.jpg

'any given sunday' after a ride

whooped
Steve McQueen after a ride.jpg

Another guy who knew how to live Jame Garner