• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

They can pry my mopar out of my cold dead hands

Durandal25

Local time
12:14 PM
Reaction score
FBBO,

Has anyone ever pulled up next to you in traffic to compliment you on your ride, then offer you some really low-ball price for it, just to follow you and recount how they had one just like it, but better? The reason why I post this is, it seems to me that everyone older than my 42 years had a HEMI once.....lol.

FBBO,

Has anyone ever pulled up next to you in traffic to compliment you on your ride, then offer you some really low-ball price for it, just to follow you and recount how they had one just like it, but better? The reason why I post this is, it seems to me that everyone older than my 42 years had a HEMI once.....lol.

Worse .. I was giving an acquaintance a ride home once.

He asked if my RR was for sale and I said no this was my first car and I have no intention of selling it.

He said everyone has a price

I said no I'm not interested in selling.

He said c'mon, name a price .. everyone will sell at the right price.

I said do you even know anything about Mopars

He said yeah blah blah blah .. so what would it take and on an on I'd love to have it blah blah blah

I say, well it's a AG car, tic-toc, AM 8 track, Pistol grip console car, A31 susp package, etc and it's a 383 car but it's got a 440+6 engine in it now, so it's not just any RR AND IT'S MY FIRST CAR and while it's not got a fresh paint job on it I doubt you would ever offer enough to make me sell it.

So he say's I'll give you $1,500.

I pulled over and said "get out" and left him standing on the side of the road.

Last edited:

He asked if my RR was for sale and I said no this was my first car and I have no intention of selling it.

He said yeah blah blah blah .. so what would it take and on an on I'd love to have it blah blah blah

I say, well it's a AG car, tic-toc, AM 8 track, Pistol grip console car, A31 susp package, etc and it's a 383 car but it's got a 440+6 engine in it now, so it's not just any RR AND IT'S MY FIRST CAR and while it's not got a fresh paint job on it I doubt you would ever off enough to make me sell it.

Too funny.

Hey, I'm '67 and never had a Hemi until we picked up a 2012 Ram 1500 last year.

I start at double my personal assessd value.

I m paid 4K for my satellite, if someone wants to give me 8-10, we'll talk.

BTW, get used to it. Lots of folks are on that Plutoinian nyborg.

I say, well it's a AG car, tic-toc, AM 8 track, Pistol grip console car, A31 susp package, etc and it's a 383 car but it's got a 440+6 engine in it now, so it's not just any RR AND IT'S MY FIRST CAR and while it's not got a fresh paint job on it I doubt you would ever off enough to make me sell it.

NO-freakin-WAY. I can't believe anybody is that clueless.

I'll give ya $1750. Always wanted me one a them thar Road Runners....ah likes the way the horn sounds.

NO-freakin-WAY. I can't believe anybody is that clueless.

I'll give ya $1750. Always wanted me one a them thar Road Runners....ah likes the way the horn sounds.

Well it was 1994 but also Mopars were setting new highs as far as restored cars go constantly back then so yeah it was a pretty low ball offer not to mention the details.

In the 80s I had a 72 MonteCarlo (402/auto), a 66 SS 396, a GS455 Riviera, (w console and buckets!), 72 Chevelle w/a 350 and 4-sp, a 67 442, and a plethora of I-talian and British roadsters, all of which bought and sold in the 2-3G territory, sometimes less....and then the 80s ran out. There were other cars, but those few were notable because of thier current value(s). Does it seem weird that in '82 a '72 seemed old, but in '13 an '03 seems pretty new?

I got into Mopars in the 90s (that's me in my early 20s) and quickly realized that I was either going to have to win the lottery, rob a bank, or be satisfied with what purists would consider bottom-shelf cars. I haven't won the lottery or committed any felonies yet....but the right Road Runner, Charger, or GTX could send me over the brink...

Just kidding, NSA, FBI, all gov't agencies...jeez, lighten up.

They probably have already have moved several satellites to zoom in on your location.:ufo::glasses9:

I had a guy once who kept trying to talk me into selling my Superbee. I finally threw out a number that I thought was about twice what it was worth at the time. He left & came back in a couple of hours with the money. He really got pissed when I explained that I didn't want to sell it & I only quoted him that price in hopes that he would leave me alone.

I say, well it's a AG car, tic-toc, AM 8 track, Pistol grip console car, A31 susp package, etc and it's a 383 car but it's got a 440+6 engine in it now, so it's not just any RR AND IT'S MY FIRST CAR and while it's not got a fresh paint job on it I doubt you would ever offer enough to make me sell it.

Jeez, I hope that ******** had a long walk home. :laughing1:

I would have kicked him to the curve on the second sentence. This thread's only two years old.

I've had tons of people try and buy one of my cars luckily for me I usually had more then one , once a guy came by once a week and asked about my 68 charger I had in the garage it was an r/t 4 speed car it was gutted at that time (I had everything for it ) one day I finely said how much are you willing to pay he pulled a very small stack out of his pocket he said I got $500.00 I smiled said you want the $500.00 one follow me I took him out back pointed to the 68 parts charger that had the lower foot rusted off the car no motor or trans or any decent parts left now that I'm thinking about it .he said I don't want that I want the one in the garage ,I told him to come back when he had 10k he laughed at me said I was crazy I'd never get that kind of money for a car that looked like mine I was in the middle of selling it a few months later and this guy just so Happend to be driveing by stoped and ask what I got for it , I told him 15k the way it was sitting , the guy about fell over he thought I was lieing to him the buy said it's true 15k and I think I stole it , the guy felt so stupid.
There are some stupid people out there both with the low balls and the ones that think there numbers matching 318 car is worth the same as a hemi car

I had a 70 Chevelle SS 20 years ago that I drove to the coffee shop on Sunday and one day a guy comes in asking who owned the black and white chevellle outside the and waitress points him in my direction. Same deal, how much? not for sale, how much? Finally I priced it for exactly double what I had in it which was $29k. He went back outside, crawled under it came back in gave me $4000 cash to hold it for a week. A week later to the day a car hauler came in with the rest of the cash and she was gone.

Late last fall someone offered me a fair price for my current toy but it was just a little more than I had in it and I did not want to let it go. Naturally they asked for my price and I put $10k more on it and they walked away.

The guys that low ball me, I usually just roll my eyes, laugh, or sometimes ask if they are high.

- - - Updated - - -

In the 80s I had a 72 MonteCarlo (402/auto), a 66 SS 396, a GS455 Riviera, (w console and buckets!), 72 Chevelle w/a 350 and 4-sp, a 67 442, and a plethora of I-talian and British roadsters, all of which bought and sold in the 2-3G territory, sometimes less....and then the 80s ran out. There were other cars, but those few were notable because of thier current value(s). Does it seem weird that in '82 a '72 seemed old, but in '13 an '03 seems pretty new?

I got into Mopars in the 90s (that's me in my early 20s) and quickly realized that I was either going to have to win the lottery, rob a bank, or be satisfied with what purists would consider bottom-shelf cars. I haven't won the lottery or committed any felonies yet....but the right Road Runner, Charger, or GTX could send me over the brink...

Just kidding, NSA, FBI, all gov't agencies...jeez, lighten up.

I am with you. The work I had done this past summer just about turned me against them even though they are my favorite. Summit Racing was the only place that had consistent parts for it. My local parts stores would smile and say next time buy a Chevy.

That may be why I love Mopars, they are rare at car shows around here. Last year I went to a show with 1800 cars and I had the one of three with the others being a Little Red Express and 65 Polara. I bet there were 50 chevelles and another 50 camaros.

I just tell people 100K! They usually shut up pretty quickly! LOL

A guy asked how much for my '67 Charger. I said $40k (it's not worth $20k). "Is it a four speed?" No. Apparently THAT was the deal breaker...

Not quite the same thing- but this weekend a guy pulled up next me while I drove it and said, "That thing have the 426 Super Bee motor?" No, it doesn't. "Is it a 383?" I said it was, but it's a 440 now. "Is it a 440 Hemi?" No. He looked unimpressed and drove away. At least I got a laugh out of it...

The cars get tons of complements when I have them out but don't recall and low ball offers. The ironic thing is when I drive the 66 HEMI Charger no one asks if it has a HEMI in it and few people notice or have no idea what the fender badges mean. Might as well put in a 318.

The cars get tons of complements when I have them out but don't recall and low ball offers. The ironic thing is when I drive the 66 HEMI Charger no one asks if it has a HEMI in it and few people notice or have no idea what the fender badges mean. Might as well put in a 318.

Uneducated basteges!!! leave em a 4 block long patch and they'll recognize!! lol

Thank you guys ..!!

this thread made me laugh so much..! I just remember kind of the same happened when I had my Abody 340 4 spd..

lots of people like that.
but I never had the PLEASURE of leaving anyone stranded on the side of the road..!! lol
apolo1100

Auto Transport Service
Back