• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Things I need to do.

swani

Local time
7:23 PM
Reaction score
I hope everyone is having a great week. I have a few odds and ends I need to get done and I'm hoping you guys can point me in the right direction.
1. Fuel tank is leaking. I believe it's the sending unit, gas gauge also doesn't work. Should I also replace the gas tank when I have it off? I've seen some posts about people going to stainless.
2. Transmission is leaking. I'm guessing it's a seal. Any recommendations or other things I should look at while replacing seals?
3. I have the factory FM radio currently in the car but I see where I can get a replica exact fit with Bluetooth. Does anyone have a link or recommendation to one they have bought that works good?
4. My car stays in my garage, but I need a good car cover.

Thanks in advance for any help and input.
Here's a pic that I took Sunday that I thought was worth sharing.

20221009_185433.jpg

Many times the "leak" from the sender assembly requires no more than turning the lock ring a bit more.

Trying taking the wire off at the sender unit and ground it temporarily. See if the fuel gauge goes to full..

Transmission leak has been covered well here... it may look like the pan is leaking but it can be the dipstick tube O ring, the shifter shaft or throttle shaft seals or the rear servo lever pin weeping and then dripping off the pan.

Many times the "leak" from the sender assembly requires no more than turning the lock ring a bit more.

Trying taking the wire off at the sender unit and ground it temporarily. See if the fuel gauge goes to full..

Transmission leak has been covered well here... it may look like the pan is leaking but it can be the dipstick tube O ring, the shifter shaft or throttle shaft seals or the rear servo lever pin weeping and then dripping off the pan.
Thank you! I really appreciate the info!

Auto Transport Service
Back