• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Things you would like to say to the PO

dana44

Local time
8:04 AM
Reaction score
Just a bit of fun and rant here.

It was a project car that traded hands a few times before I got it.

Things you would like to say to the previous owner.

For me it would be, I really like how you sprayed primer all over the back window trim and glass, and that was a good idea mounting an electric fuel pump on the outside of the frame a 1/4'' from the side wall of the rear tire. Why did you decide to put left-handed wheel studs on the right side of the car?

Brushed on, two tone, house paint. Really, guy?

Dumb f#%k for leave engine outside and not wrapping it up to keep water out. Next owner will shake his head about stuff I did but nothing like this. He'll thank me for having NOS parts for the car.
I'm amending this PO did take $300 less for my car from the $800 he wanted. Another friend sold me a complete Hemi for a $1000 back in 1978.
HEMI BLOCK.jpg

Last edited:
Where did you hide all of the paperwork? My car was partially restored by the previous owner about 20 years ago. He carefully removed the Certicard and any build sheets that might have existed, and probably stored them in a safe place. He ended up getting sick and the car was sold by his Power of Attorney. Needless to say they did not find, or possibly even look for, those items.

Why are there no shims in any of the fender bolts? Why did you use mis-matched heads?

What did you do with all the outside chrome trim? It is impossible to find now. And why did you cut the dash gauges out of a 66 Charger and try to fit cheap after market gauges in the place of the original.

Why did you drill so many holes? And where did you put the fender tag????

Previous owner converted the 361 to a four barrel. He used an AFB carb on a late model thermoquad manifold. He bought the right adapter, but look how it was installed. Also check out the air cleaner base. One of those sharp cutouts was for clearance for the rubber fuel line.

old carb.jpg

old carb adapter.jpg

old air cleaner top.jpg

old air cleaner base.jpg

old air cleaner bottom.jpg

Did you EVER change the oil ?
Why did you think that sheepskin was a good material to cover the perfect dash pad?
Are you curious as to where you stashed that envelope of cash?

Did you EVER change the oil ?
Why did you think that sheepskin was a good material to cover the perfect dash pad?
Are you curious as to where you stashed that envelope of cash?
Well how much cash, curious or nosy people want to know.:thumbsup::lol:

I never found any cash. I would just like to ask the question to maintain my nature of being silly and thought provoking.

1 laugh 5.gif

I actually had a conversation with the original owner! I was able to find him. Got lucky..

I asked him why he sold the car. He answered her could never fix, tighten up the steering after 3 box installations. I had already been all through it once I got it and knew what had taken place. So I asked, did you ever think to check the steering shaft? There was a long pause followed by a “no, why?” I said becaus it had been collapsed by about an inch and a half and wasn’t in the coupler well. Once I lengthened it back out, tightened everything right back up. Another long pause! Then he said, “well, if you ever sell it, let me know”

The guy I bought the car from, the question I’d like to ask him is, have you ever heard of ring clearance when you rebuild an engine? There was zero clearance and all line right up when I tore it down!

I also found this tucked in the dash to stop a squeak at some point..

1BFA0D8C-4E59-4A68-8991-2FDC47E94BA3.jpeg

Well, I grew up next door to the original owner of my 64 Fury. I would like to tell him thanks for taking good car of the car and keeping it in a garage.
1964 Fury.jpg

I like the way your foot long rubber replacement fuel line ALMOST follows the contour of the passenger side floorboard. Was the factory metal line rusty there and needed to be replaced, or was it just collateral damage when you cut out the rusty section of floorboard with your cutoff wheel from above and didn't bother to look at what the f*ck you were hacking apart? No fire? Amazing.

Auto Transport Service
Back