• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Things you would like to say to the PO

I have so many of these. I've tried to block them out but some you just cannot forget:

...So the front brakes were not working and your solution was to clamp off the rubber brake hoses?

...The K member interfered with the oil pan of your engine swap so you thought it was a good idea to torch half of it off?

...You put a mustang II floor shifter in for what reason?

...The exhaust manifold was leaking so your fix was to take it off and park the car in a field for 20 years?

...Did you ever jack this car up on something other than the rocker panel?

...How could you have possibly forgotten to remove the sheet of tin foil in the valley when you changed the intake manifold?

I could go on and on.

In the mid 70's a buddy of mine bought a 58 Corvette that was brush painted.....and I was dumb enough to let him store it at my place for about 2 years.....and yeah, it was stolen.

Why in the hell would you paint any of the car in final color before finishing the rest of the needed bodywork?
Why were the firewall wire harness and brake line clips cut off when they were clearly there after media blasting and epoxy coat?
Why in the name of all that is holy were the fuel tank braces welded in UPSIDE DOWN?!
Why were the windshield spray nozzle holes in the cowl plugged up?
Why are there no fuel vent line holes in the trunk floor?
Why were the fender turn signal holes plugged?
If I had known what I know now, I would have offered about $3k less. I like to think this car is why that "hot shop" went out of business too.
I've got invoice after invoice of all the work done on this car and it was always $1k to $2k installations at a time. All in all it was around $32k they spent on this car with parts/labor.
20220228_165228.jpg20220228_165236.jpg

Thanks for not butchering the GTX, but how could you lose the build sheet?
I feel your pain. When I sold Baby Blue in 1991, I passed on every original date coded part that had come off the car, along with the IBM punch card, and the owner’s manual signed by the original owner. When I got the car back 22 years later, all were gone. But the broadcast sheet managed to survive the journey.

one of the 68 Charger R/Ts I had,
at least it was cheap, like $1,000 cheap for back in like 1979-80-ish,
for such a nice straight near perfect car 440 4 speed Dana
with like
3/4" house shag Lt. green & dark green 'carpet tiles squares'
put down with contact cement & Teco nails, 4 on each square
I had to get under it & use a cutoff wheel & cut them all off
to pull it all out, take the whole interior out, to weld up all the holes
I assume it was done in the mid 70's, by the 1st owner

The 1st time I was under it, I was thinking;
'what the hell is this carpet crap' ?
I got all scratched up on my arms taking the 18-spline Hemi 4-speed trans out
& putting it back in, doing a clutch service
but I was cussing the prior owner out while I was under it
maybe I was too excited about
the nice new wheels (Cragers) & new tires (Probably Pro-Trac Polys)
or the Dana-60 with 4.10 gears
& perfect GG1 dark green paint/body & black vinyl roof & bucket seat/console interior
to look too close :poke:

Last edited:
We're you related to Cheech or Chong? No wonder you laughed and called it the roach wagon when I bought it.

Why did you drill 2 holes in each front fender to mount in this position 383 MAGNUM emblems on a stock 383 2bbl ( has been converted to 4bbl ) but WTF. Between the Coronet 440 emblems and these it blows peoples minds as to what it really is.
I eventually removed these because I just got tired of explaining what the deal was but the pin holes are still there till I figure out what to do. The paint on the car is pretty good so I hate to get into a can of worms.
Oh and that passenger side mirror, that's for another post on this thread !!!

ezgif-3-d179e3c89e34.jpg
ezgif-3-d4cedba6ee62.jpg

bb21e825ac03547e5462802712010ff1x.jpg

ezgif-3-d89d32b09b8c.jpg

Hardware bolts don’t belong all over engines and the brackets.. and keep the non sealed butt connectors out of the harness and the best on was ... don’t cut the main feed wire to the ammeter to wire in the stereo.. now I have nice wiring and all new hardware..

It's wonderful that you were able to update the 904 to a 727...
But driveshafts aren't spliced and shortened in the middle.:screwy:

so you have a carport but you stored your 70 charger out in the back yard for 15 years? WHY :BangHead:

IMG_3652.jpg

I realize the car was in an accident but why in the fu@&$# did you put 68 fenders on a 69 Charger?. I knew this when I bought the car back in 1983. But at the time it wasnt hard to find parts at the junk yard

Wire nuts? Really??
Many years ago I found a 70 Cuda that hadn't run in years & told a friend about it, he wound up buying it which naturally means I get the privilege of working on it.. :screwy: Well, turns out the reason it doesn't run is electrical gremlins and the first one is the main power from the starter relay to the bulkhead (with the fusible link) has been replaced with 12-2 Romex which has come loose at the bulkhead end & shorted to the RF brake line burning a hole through it...

I would ask the previous owner why did you sell me your 69 Charger so cheap, I bought it for $2500. I didn’t know these cars were valuable.

Auto Transport Service
Back