• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Things you would like to say to the PO

I doubt I will ever own another Chevy or Ford
at this point in my life
unless a storming deal came up & I had to have it
(like a dirt cheap Boss 302 or a tribute Daytona Coupe,
a GT40 tribute or maybe a 1994-2001 TransAm 'Firehawk')

I'd better be a cool car/truck/4x4 too...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

I had bought a 67 Fairlane 500 XL GT, had a nice BB FE
all 428 top end, really nice dual 4bbl factory
(Shelby) set up air cleaner/filter & linkage etc.,
it was a 390FE to start with, bored to like 0.100" over
(got hot easily)
the guy I got it from cut the floor/tunnel out to put a T-10 trans in it
butchered the peddle assembly, bellcrank linkage & the tunnel
covered the excessive holes in the tunnel & floor/firewall
with old license plates, screwed down/in Texas plates 'no less',
but the car came from the valley here in Calif.
he did really good engine work but truly lacked any body or welding skills
the console was for a GTA, hard to find stuff, but he cut it up to make it a 4 speed
the typical Autometer aux 3 gauge cluster under the dash
was in the way for the console to be where it actually should be
poorly installed at that...
Had a nice 9" with Detroit locker & 4.30:1 gears like L60s radials in the rear tires
& g60's bias plys upfront (IIRC) all on the nice rallies of that era
also the damn fusebox was hanging down under the dash
didn't look like anything was butchered,
I think he did it to get the power for the aux gauges...

I only paid like $1500 for it in like 1985-ish
I cleaned it all up & drove it for a time & sold it for like $5000
a couple years later to a total Ford guy
I later found out that, the Shelby 428 2x4bbl intake, carbs & air-cleaner base & top
cast valve covers & 428 exhaust manifolds it had, alone, was worth that much...

it was that Baby Blue color, dark blue seats, everything else, was that light blue
I never could get over that
just reminded me of 'a chicks car'... It was quick, not really fast 'but got there quick'

carry on

The guy that previously owned this:

3 200.jpg

3 2000 B.JPG

3 2000 G.JPG

Also had this:

DSC08950.jpg

....ans only wanted to keep one car since he was moving from Sacramento to Los Angeles. He chose to KEEP the Mercury and sell the Charger.

I’d just like to say thanks for keeping the car all these years until I came along. Wait, I already told him that. It’s also nice to be able to ask him questions like…

Me…Why does the grille have a tooth missing, and why was the emblem broken?
Jerry…that’s where my buddy backed into it with the transom of his boat

Me…where did that scratch on the door come from?
Jerry…..I was a foreman at the Chevy spring plant, and they were getting down on non Chevy owners at work. A memo went out to all the employees to lay off, and when I went out to the car that night, the door was keyed

Me…did you put that 383 emblem in the insert of the hood?
Jerry…nope, the car is just the way I got it, all I ever did was drive it

Me….why does it have a trailer hitch?
Jerry….I used to tow my buddies dragster to Milan every weekend so he could race

Me….did you ever race the Roadrunner?
Jerry….only once, it was my daily driver and I couldn’t afford to do something to it where I couldn’t get to work. I did win my class tho!

Me….why did you stop driving it?
Jerry…someone cut the battery cables and stole my battery. I knew they were coming back for my Tri-Power, so I just pushed it into the garage and never drove it again

Me…when was that?
Jerry….1978!

4472E26C-44C9-44C6-BEEA-31F68E0AEDFB.jpeg

4EF2D127-8455-4DCA-BBD0-1A3FC3C2E39D.jpeg

3631D53D-5CD0-4293-BE22-28BC89C52BF6.jpeg

14409BFB-67F4-4ED2-A834-BC4E27D6A5BD.jpeg

38F94214-DE04-45BD-AE42-C40AC3FC3965.jpeg

D9B0DEEE-128E-483D-888C-B501BA32A8C9.jpeg

To the PO of my 67 Satellite hdtp, thanks for keeping the car in such good shape, but why did you cut up the wiper wiring to add a cheap JC Whitney delay unit that stopped the wipers wherever they were even if they blocked your view?

Why would you paint the front undercarriage of a red 67 R/T white?

Did any shopping cart ever go bye without running into the car?

Last edited:
Over the last 40 years I've thanked my friend Bob for all the things he did to preserve Baby Blue, when he owned her from 1974 to 1983.

Me: How did the car get an NOS grille and headlight bezels?
Bob: Kid broke it with an ice ball. Figured I'd do the whole front while I had it apart.

Me: Why is there zero rust on the passenger's side sheet metal, and a pit free vent window assembly?
Bob: Got sideswiped, new door from a mint garage queen, NOS quarter panel.

Me: How about the NOS trunk finish panel and bezels?
Bob: Got rear ended, figured I'd do bezels along with the deck lid. Sealed all the water leaks at the same time. That's why the trunk floor is still in mint condition.

Me: How did you score all those parts? I have to pull teeth to get anything out of my local dealership.
Bob: Dad works for the Goddard Space Center. Chrysler is a vendor for them. Their computer guy hooks me up with their national parts network.
Bob gtx.jpg

Over the last 40 years I've thanked my friend Bob for all the things he did to preserve Baby Blue, when he owned her from 1974 to 1983.

Me: How did the car get an NOS grille and headlight bezels?
Bob: Kid broke it with an ice ball. Figured I'd do the whole front while I had it apart.

Me: Why is there zero rust on the passenger's side sheet metal, and a pit free vent window assembly?
Bob: Got sideswiped, new door from a mint garage queen, NOS quarter panel.

Me: How about the NOS trunk finish panel and bezels?
Bob: Got rear ended, figured I'd do bezels along with the deck lid. Sealed all the water leaks at the same time. That's why the trunk floor is still in mint condition.

Me: How did you score all those parts? I have to pull teeth to get anything out of my local dealership.
Bob: Dad works for the Goddard Space Center. Chrysler is a vendor for them. Their computer guy hooks me up with their national parts network.
View attachment 1424633
Hope when I'm the PO of my car the next owner has those kind words. All those new parts on your car.

Hope when I'm the PO of my car the next owner has those kind words. All those new parts on your car.
Knowing how long that Hemi has been in your care, I bet he will. Amazing thing about Bob, he was a third generation Chevy guy when he acquired the GTX at the age of 16, but he immediately realized what he had. He ran the car at Capitol Raceway on a regular basis, and his time slips prove he was a top notch driver, probably could have been a pro if he desired. Though he raced the car, he never abused it. The original engine has never been apart to this day, still runs like new, with new valves seals and lifters being the only freshening in five decades.

Why would you paint the front undercarriage of a red 67 R/T white?
When I did circle track lots of people painted stuff white so you could see better to make repairs in the dark pit areas. It really helps.

"Did you have a buddy that owned a chrome shop?" Everything under the hood that unbolted and could be chromed was chrome when we got it. And not up kept either, so it was dull and rusty...

Auto Transport Service
Back