• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Thinking of buying a roadrunner

I would shoot a PM to the two guys that have what you need for sale. They are in Ohio too and no doubt could set you up for success. When you say moving internationally, are you talking Canada or Mexico, or overseas?

Are you looking to sell it overseas, or keep it and drive it?

if you are 16 years old do you have the tools to work on it for one. I remind the younger crowd you need to invest money in tools to work on to make it affordable and fun, unless u some how came across a ton of money or your family has the stuff. You may be better off buying a running and driving car. Your best bet would to go to a mopar car show with a swap meet and meet the right people that have all the connections to get a motor and transmission. Wishing you the best on your adventure.

Good thing about motor home transmissions is the have 6 Pack guts...I'd source a motorhome for the engine n trans "400 or 440" as they usually are lo miles. Also I have a soft spot for C bodies n hate seeing perfectly good cars scrapped after the engine n trans are transplanted. Ever think of a GEN III Hemi from a RAM, MAGNUM, CHALLENGER or HEMI ?

Scan eBay and local salvage yards for a 383 c.i. motor. Also, scan YouTube and find channels of guys hoarding tons of Mopar motors and parts. There are several and may be close to you. Chrysler made over a million 383’s from ‘59 to ‘73(?). Try to get at block, heads, intake/exhaust manifold, etc. 383 only cost a few hundred bucks. May also come with a 833 4-spd tranny attached. I get what your doing. Get as many parts in U.S. before shipping to wherever. Then, fill in the blanks. Good luck!

That is actually a fairly rare car. I would consider leaving it an automatic and not modifying it too far from stock if you want to retain its maximum value (none of the original 440 GTX's 73-74 were equipped with 4 speeds). For $3k, as long as it is not a rust bucket, you can't go wrong buying it and figuring out how to assemble/ship it later.

How much is gas (possibly premium)where you are moving?

...for a car that will likely get single digit MPG.

Scan eBay and local salvage yards for a 383 c.i. motor. Also, scan YouTube and find channels of guys hoarding tons of Mopar motors and parts. There are several and may be close to you. Chrysler made over a million 383’s from ‘59 to ‘73(?). Try to get at block, heads, intake/exhaust manifold, etc. 383 only cost a few hundred bucks. May also come with a 833 4-spd tranny attached. I get what your doing. Get as many parts in U.S. before shipping to wherever. Then, fill in the blanks. Good luck!
first 383 were RB

they last long up to 71

That is actually a fairly rare car. I would consider leaving it an automatic and not modifying it too far from stock if you want to retain its maximum value (none of the original 440 GTX's 73-74 were equipped with 4 speeds). For $3k, as long as it is not a rust bucket, you can't go wrong buying it and figuring out how to assemble/ship it later.
I totally agree.

On top of that, with a limited timeline the OP has no time to modify things like changing from an automatic to a manual. The absolute best course of action is to source a running 440 (like out of a motorhome as stated) and an automatic 727 transmission. This will be the least amount of headaches and issues, although there WILL be issues in getting an old car running well....

Auto Transport Service
Back