• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This blizzard is going to have a death toll.

SteveSS

Local time
10:52 PM
Reaction score
We are having an extreme blizzard on the front range in Colorado. Wind clocked at 60+ mph. Heavy snow. Power outages in Denver. Visibility down to 10 yards at times. This storm is supposed to move out and have another move in. This one is going to kill some people and animals.

My wife has been sitting at the Minneapolis airport since 8 am trying to get to Denver. Needless to say, she is not a happy camper.

Despite all my warnings I had to go out in the blizzard. Not much can get through these drifts. My son was coming home from a doctor's appt. and tried to help a stranded lady motorist. Normal 4X4, SUVs with all season tread are not making it. My son has a Dodge 3/4 diesel but had no weight in the back so he got stuck. I pulled them out with an unnamed vehicle that starts with an H. Visibility was so bad I could barely navigate my own neighborhood. Everyone made it home but we are trying to thaw out now. Roads are closed because plow trucks are getting stuck. We looked a lot like the movie, "The Day After Tomorrow."

We had that same front come through Anchorage last Saturday night. We got 8-10 inches very fast but warm weather right behind it so it is almost melted by now. Hope all of you stay safe, we are hoping this was the "last hurrah" before spring starts.

That's March for you - in like a lamb and out like a lion. I lived on the front range for 10 years and know well those crazy blizzards that come roaring thru. Stay warm and safe. The roads are no place to be.

Got 11 inches of snow here in Fort Fun, it quit about 11 am, and just breezy now! The tree branches are about 5 feet off the ground normally.
20160323_100009.jpg

got around a foot in lakewood,finally stopped around 6pm last night. Thawing out today saying more for sat,cancel the easter service at red rocks.

Looks cold

we had that same storm front come thru here too,
tons of rain, then tons of snow up country {but we need both},
then windy as all hell, lots of trees & debris, now sunny & 65*
afterwards...

stay safe & warm

It was fun seeing all the stuck vehicles as it melted today. Saw an H2T way off in the ditch. Little bit of overconfidence. More snow tomorrow.

Auto Transport Service
Back