• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This damn sway bar is still in my way. I don't want to die.

360 has a larger rear main trust bearing and seal thus a different pan. Should remove the same as the others though.

Jesus Chrysler. The safety police are everywhere. Don't forget to call your insurance company before going down there. Also, take your cell phone with 911 programmed and keep your finger close...wth. I live on a hill. If it falls off the stands and rolls out of the driveway it could roll down the hill and into a neighbors garage. Put WARN THE NEIGHBORS on your checklist in addition to the dozen or so precautions listed above.
LOL Check out "Rambo" Dennis! :rofl:
Simmer down, Arnold...
I just didn't want to see the fella bend his LCA with the jack cocked the way it was in the pic - but I've also had jacks collapse on me more than once
when under the rig, too. If not for someone finding me quickly (or being right there with me), you all wouldn't be reading all my fine stories on this
very forum today. :usflag:

Remove and reinstall centerlink = success. Dropping oil pan = failure.
Tried just about every trick in the book other than lifting the engine enough to have the oil pan clear the K member.
I'll blame the failure on the " early 70's Imperial 360" engine swap.
What does the factory service manual say the procedure is?
You DO have a FSM, right?

All I can say is, if you ever had a car slide off a Jack on you (happened to me) , or know someone who was killed by a car sliding off a floor lift, backup safety precautions are a good idea.
gabby.jpg

From my 68 factory service manual

20180826_163153.jpg 20180826_163202.jpg 20180826_163213.jpg

What does the factory service manual say the procedure is?
You DO have a FSM, right?
I have the 73 (same 3rd gen b-body as a 74) manual and followed the oil pan drop procedure for the 360 motor. The write up looks exactly the same as the images you attached minus the crossover exhaust pipe removal.
I did skip "engine to torque converter left housing brace" . Did you have to do anything with this brace when dropping your oil pan? I didn't know what it was. I just removed the entire torque converter dust cover plate because it was the only thing torque converter related that I could see would help in the removal.

I couldn't find an illustrated parts breakdown in the entire manual that showed the engine to torque converter left housing brace.

What's a jack stand? I jack it up then pile a bunch of 4x4 blocks under it they hold everything up just fine.

Auto Transport Service
Back