• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This is gonna be a looonnnnggg 10 months!

69bronzeT5

Local time
1:03 AM
Reaction score
So, here's the story. A guy I know about 12 hours from me has a junkyard full of cars. Mostly newer stuff but he does have old cars too. He said if I help him sell off some of the old cars, he'll give me a '70 Coronet 500 he has for FREE! The car was parted out but the vin tag is still there (which I was worrying about until he told me its there). It still has the right door, one fender and some other misc parts. He had another '70 Coronet (was in a front end collision) but that was crushed last year (it was useless). He loves old cars, especially Mopars so he promised me this car will NOT get crushed. Yes, I know that it has "To be crushed in 06" on the side but it will NOT be crushed.

Anyways, I can't get the car for 10 months because of my age (16). I have to wait until October 2009. Thats when I get my N...which means I can drive alone anytime I want. Right now, I have my L...which has a lot of restrictions. The car will be there waiting for me until I can come get it...unless he says his grandpa "kicks the bucket", which he says probally wont happen because he's healthy...but 85 years old. If that does happen, the cars will dissapear because the guy isn't in the area for a while or whatever. So, as long as all things go right, I get a free '70 Coronet in 10 months. I will be putting it away until I finish my Charger. He's a good guy though, I've known him for a few years now. Wish me luck!:)

i137505539_64279_6.jpg

70_coronet_1.JPG

70_coronet_1b.jpg

Walk away from that right now.
There are few parts left on it even to be a parts car for someone elses project.
Maybe he has a better car he can give you. Keep lookin.

Like runner & Ctown have pointed out - this is more of a parts car than a project; you should seriously reconsider undertaking this project. If it was a V-code or Hemi Super Bee - then, yeah, I could see the point. For a plane Jane Coronet 500 - that's just more work than it's worth... My two cents...

Ray

Thats gonna cost a MINT to restore.....or even make driveable for that matter....walk away, or get it and cut it up for a parts car....

I guess I should of mentioned, the guy has a mint hood, front bumper, taillights, tailight panel and tons more parts he's also giving me too.

WELL, I'm not gonna run away from it. If I decide to fix it up over years or cut it up, then I'll decide but for free...why not?

you would need a complete running 4dr to even begin that project
imo

I wish you good luck, even if you get the car and part it out. that's still better than not having it at all.

IF thinking about what that car gives ya a woodie then ya might really have to have THAT car. My first concern would be the frame rails. They might not even be intact if the pictures are any indication of the real shape it's in.

Free is realative. Your goin to work your As off for this guy and maybe get enough parts to make a car out of BUT,

New sheet metal, interior, motor and tranny will need rebuilt. Do your weld and paint and rebuild motors and trannys. You'll probable need to.

I love the body style myself and understand your desire. I want to encourage that but don't want your first project to bury you in money problems to fix it you did not anticipate. WE ALL HAVE STORIES OF CARS WE GOT IN OVER OUR HEAD WITH. LOL

I'd look for a newer model dart, Demon, Duster or even Volare maybe a wagon that is intact and driveable at least onto a trailer.

Ask yourself this. Why do you think no one has taken this car and restored it already.

Free is realative. Your goin to work your As off for this guy and maybe get enough parts to make a car out of BUT,
Why do you think no one has taken this car and restored it already.

Actually, it's not that much work for me. All I'm doing is posting ads on the internet..thats it, quite simple and easy.:yes: He's kept this car in a part of his yard where he dosen't really allow too many people.

If the car and parts are free, I would take it, but not as a project, sell everything you can on ebay, scrap the remains and take that money and put on your Charger. Thats what I would do (infact Ive done that) I parted another Charger, kept a bunch of nice parts, and what I sold covered what I paid for it.

My 2 cents,
Jason

You have your work cutout for you, That is no doubt. I am sure all of us have done something that everyone thought was not right but we did it anyway. You have talked yourselve into getting this car and pounding every red cent you have and that will get you a driver, maybe. The whole thing is up to you anyway so go for it. Good luck and happy motoring. Keep us all up to date on your build.

Well keep us up to date then. If you don't, we'll hunt you down and beat you till you bleed:mob:

Auto Transport Service
Back