• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This is why people say, "If it's not Boeing, I'm not going...."

There are some aviation experts that think if Sully had been flying a Boeing; the Hudson incident would not have happened. When the geese hit the engines, they damaged some engine sensors and damaged the engines. The computer, wrongly, sensing the engine were overtemping, reduced engine power to idle. There was nothing that the pilots could do (quick enough) to override that. Analyst believe the engines were still capable of making enough thrust to get the aircraft to a suitable airport. In a Boeing , such as a 737, the throttle levers have a more direct relationship to the engines. The pilot could command the thrust needed.

True, the Boeings Rolls Royce or GE engine would have continued till it grenade. I know the GE and RR's on the 787 and probably the other planes, have a EEC that holds the last setting the pilot/throttles gave it, if it looses the electrical connection/"info network" not sure how it works since its not my dept.

They would have kept running at the power setting it was given until the compressor/turbine blades blew through the case.

Apaches in Mesa? What do you do there?

- - - Updated - - -

Ummm...Boeing has a plant in China. How's that make you feel? I prefer cheese-eating surrender monkeys building planes over slave/child labor...and as said, a lot of Airbus work is done here in the States.

Don't get me wrong, I'm glad that the Tanker decision was reversed, but just because Boeing is an 'American' company doesn't make everything peachy except at the superficial, xenophobic level.

Here's a sweet nugget I hope pisses you off (yes, diff company, but same idea)...my favorite line:

"Sure, GE is based in the U.S., but that doesn't mean its shareholders expect it to be loyal to U.S. interests"

http://www.dailyfinance.com/2011/01/18/is-ge-arming-china-to-compete-with-america/

Capitalism at its finest.

It's very true that Boeing is not an "American" corporation in the true sense of the word. Like most large corporations that people think are "American", they may be incorporated in the U.S. but they are multinational and don't really have much allegiance to the U.S. no matter how much flag waving they like to do. Their true allegiance is to the corporation itself, so if the big shots think it's to their benefit to sell or give China proprietary or secret engineering or manufacturing technology, then that's what will happen. The Chinese or anyone else for that matter don't really need to steal or even buy our manufacturing technology (some of it military), big corporations will just hand it to them.

Auto Transport Service
Back