• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Those of u that have a 62 tire/ wheel question

Not all Bbody rears are the same width. The clearance issues I had was on the outside.

Seen in other threads the body can vary side to side.

Not all Bbody rears are the same width. The clearance issues I had was on the outside.
Well, B-body rear housings are shown to be the same. Though, going through the measurements, only ones I see are perch distance, and 'track' distance, locating the tire center spread. Kicker on that, the right length axles themselves, so the axle flange comes out of the housing, the given distance. Toss in the rim back space, width of rim, blah, blah. Package deal, all fitting in the whole.

I'd have to believe, B-body Plymouth to Dodge, rear wheel houses would be the same width. Could be wrong, wouldn't be the first time!

Sure, your trying to stuff a pretty wide chunk of rubber in there, but others have done it. How much clearance did you have, from tire to the springs? Same measuring is going to be the same on the Dana. Hope it slips right in for ya! Right parts and pieces, especially for what your building.

There's plenty of stock, or optional parts, that can be used, to get the shoe-horning done.

Auto Transport Service
Back