• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Thoughts on Project

Dartn440

Local time
10:34 PM
Reaction score
Hey guys...sold my B body project awhile back and have the opportunity to pick up another. It is fully torn down already. Owner says all there except seats and console. Clear title. Nothing is labeled. Is there a referefence out there that is going to help me get a 66 Coronet back together?

Hey guys...sold my B body project awhile back and have the opportunity to pick up another. It is fully torn down already. Owner says all there except seats and console. Clear title. Nothing is labeled. Is there a referefence out there that is going to help me get a 66 Coronet back together?
There are free FSM's Shop manuals on this site. Use the search area and type in shop manual or FSM. They are great for information.

Thanks guys. I am just finishing a Demon that was missing 60% of its parts when I started. Talk about hard to find stuff for that car.

Thanks guys. I am just finishing a Demon that was missing 60% of its parts when I started. Talk about hard to find stuff for that car.
Expect to feel some deja vu. I've yet to find a torn-down project car that's supposed to be "all there" to actually be all there. There's always parts that were lost, boxes that were misplaced or thrown out by mistake, parts that were damaged during removal and the owner said "I'll just get a new one later", and the inevitable damage from rust and rodents. You're going to be in for a lot of "Oh yeah, about that part, I thought it was there but...", and like Demon parts there's not a lot repopped for a 66 Coronet either.

Just wait until you try to find parts for the 66!

Nope. Do it. The 66 is a tough animal to find parts for but they are out there. I just got a floor shift, power steering column. They are one year only but what Mopar body doesn't have something one year only? Quarters are the biggie. There are repop patch sections but no full quarters. The sections aren't the greatest but better than nothing. I did find some NOS ones but at $2000USD, they weren't for me. In any case, my vote, go for it. The end result of a challenging project is much more rewarding than an easy one!

You're luck it's not a 67 . . . try and find parts for a 67 . . . ( crickets chirping . . . )

Go for it, there's sheet metal out there for it. I know where there's a complete 66 station wagon just sitting.

Well the reason I was going after a B body is because I have a complete 440 drivetrain I just can't seem to move. Last I checked motors don't belong on run stands.

Auto Transport Service
Back