• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Throttle cable bracket question, '72 Satellite, LA 360 4bbl

Triplegreen500

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
11:26 AM
Reaction score
So, used to be stuff like this didn't bother me but now I prefer to do things right.

My wagon was originally a 318/2 car, and has the original throttle cable.

Currently it's a 360/4, Edelbrock intake and carburetor.

I've got the throttle hooked to the carb OK, using the Chrysler adaptor bracket. My question is about the bracket mounted to the engine, that clamps the cable and has the pivot for the kickdown rod. There's a flared metal fitting on the end of the throttle cable, that gets clamped to this bracket - with this carb setup, that fitting doesn't reach the bracket without pulling the throttle halfway open; it's about half an inch short. I currently have it clamped on just the black sheath...but it's sketchy, and can (and has) slid through, limiting my throttle action.

Is there an extension for this bracket? Or, a different bracket? It attaches to the intake bolts, and if I move it one set of bolts forward it would be WAAAY too close to the carburetor... I've looked online, but haven't found any brackets like this. Or, should I just make an extension plate to clamp it closer to the carburetor?

Not my car, but...

7653301-throttle-298849735.jpg

The red circle is the end of the throttle cable; it attaches to a pin I have installed in the green circle. That pulls the fitting too far from the clamp (yellow circle). Photo is a BB car; mine's an LA 360; but the brackets are the same.

Just showing a picture where the adapter bracket for an Edelbrock goes and which location the end of the cable should be. This is a rear carb on a 2x4 setup but the throttle should be the same.
Screenshot_20230220_110755_Gallery.jpg

Last edited:
Pretty sure that's where I have it but I'll verify tonight. Thanks. What's the ball-end connector in the photo? Is that kickdown for that vehicle? Mine's the slot-over-pin style...

Pretty sure that's where I have it but I'll verify tonight. Thanks. What's the ball-end connector in the photo? Is that kickdown for that vehicle? Mine's the slot-over-pin style...

Early style kickdown with the ball. The slotted will have a pin there instead.

Auto Transport Service
Back