• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

TIG welding....humbling skill to learn

I like it!
I’ve never had to use one, but I’m sure there will come a day where I will need one.

I have an old Miller Gold Star 330, 15 gallon water tank, all on a Miller 3 wheel cart. Picked it up 10 years ago for $500. It’s hard for me to stay steady today so I brace my hand or “cup” it, agree being able to focus on the weld is very important. Definitely need the large air tank, I set the flow to 15-18 and post flow 5 sec. tank will last two complete cages easily, sometimes a year, not sure why you use so much air unless it’s a small tank. Read a lot

46BCF87D-79E3-4FD3-9324-0596C8ECD1E0.jpeg
I like welding stainless. It took a while for me to figure it out so I didn’t cook it. My vision is going to **** quick these days.

Nice, mine has too. Even though I don't need bi focals I have to wear 2.5 cheaters when I weld so I have a "bigger" bead to work with.

Auto Transport Service
Back