• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Time for a show lets see the 71-74's

That's the main killer- the unibody, cowl, and floors are GREAT.

'72 Satellite in Petty's '71 colours.

20230105_211225.jpg

20230105_211436.jpg

20230105_211409.jpg

20230105_211258.jpg

20230105_211014.jpg

Found this old picture in the computers files, of me and the car, when i owned it.
That's where my user id originates from.

Hemi GTX My Old Car (Small).jpg

I am just finishing up my 71' "V" code. Planning on taking it to Van Nuys in mid April for the Spring Fling and putting a for sale on it. Special car and 100% original.

IMG_5026.jpg

image5.jpeg

IMG_3722.jpg

IMG_4288.jpg

IMG_5014.jpg

71' Road Runner window sticker20220303_17331348.jpg

Special car and 100% original.
Nice vehicle. I always read everywhere the exhaust tips were not permitted in California (which seems kinda dumb). I see the window sticker shows "bright exhaust tips". Now I wonder if all the fuss in the media was about nothing. Unless, "machine gun tips" are a different animal altogether?

Nice vehicle. I always read everywhere the exhaust tips were not permitted in California (which seems kinda dumb). I see the window sticker shows "bright exhaust tips". Now I wonder if all the fuss in the media was about nothing. Unless, "machine gun tips" are a different animal altogether?
California, because of an noise emission law, would not allow the "bright tips" or machine gun tips on the tail pipes. Turn downs only.

My car is an LA built car and I decided to break the law and put them on!! I had the window sticker made up re-pro and put them on that sheet as well. But for absolute correctness, it would not have had them. Another law that was for '71 only was there were no zerk fittings on suspension parts. Plugs only. That way there would be no grease to drop on the ground.
Also, there was a California only distributor for the "V" code cars coupled with a solenoid that was to prevent run-on when the ignition was shut off. Didn't work well, but you got if you bought it. Another little tid bit was that there was a requirement that wheels had a specific lenght extension on the valve stem so that air could be added to the tire with removing the wheel covers.

All done to allow you and me to be able to live forever in the Land of Fruits n' Nuts!!

IMG_3725.jpg

IMG_4140.jpg

IMG_5384.jpg

IMG_4747.jpg

IMG_4056.jpg

IMG_4094.jpg

Beautiful car. I have a twin. V coded 4 speed, with dana 60 and two fender tags.

California, because of an noise emission law, would not allow the "bright tips" or machine gun tips on the tail pipes. Turn downs only.

My car is an LA built car and I decided to break the law and put them on!! I had the window sticker made up re-pro and put them on that sheet as well. But for absolute correctness, it would not have had them. Another law that was for '71 only was there were no zerk fittings on suspension parts. Plugs only. That way there would be no grease to drop on the ground.
Also, there was a California only distributor for the "V" code cars coupled with a solenoid that was to prevent run-on when the ignition was shut off. Didn't work well, but you got if you bought it. Another little tid bit was that there was a requirement that wheels had a specific lenght extension on the valve stem so that air could be added to the tire with removing the wheel covers.

All done to allow you and me to be able to live forever in the Land of Fruits n' Nuts!!

View attachment 1428283

View attachment 1428285

View attachment 1428286

View attachment 1428287

View attachment 1428288

View attachment 1428289
Where did you have the window sticker made?

I still remember when those were new on the dealer lots as I rode my bike past them going to school.

My across the street neighbor bought one new or nearly new.

Always thought the front end looked "aggressive".....and that was without a RR hood.

Loved the bucket and slap-stick interior, too.

Grocery getter ('72 Satellite Custom wagon) at the grocery store yesterday.

GROCERY GETTER.jpg

...she got me home, too! First time more than a half mile from home, in about a dozen years. Felt GOOD!!

Auto Transport Service
Back