• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Timing cover Gaskets

63fury500

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
8:12 AM
Reaction score
,Ill be buying and installing an ar engineering timing cover and roller button set up,wondering if andy is on here ,Does anyone know of any companies selling Mopar bigblock timing cover gaskets in different thicknesses,need any between 026 and 031 or either of those 2 thicknesses,if andy is on here can you message me please,thanx

Last edited:
Superperformance

To shim up a roller cam?

no,i will be using the ar engineering cover that is stock thickness,they claim with a031 gasket my button will be at 010 clearance,I want a few different thicknesses to adjust it where i want it

Andy's a member here. Haven't seen him in a while though. Good luck on the search.

F5D55B6F-420B-410D-B4FB-49583BE39F4F.jpeg
AD69AC14-0867-4F49-9973-5769EDF36DFA.jpeg
Superformance gaskets are too thick for what your needing a regular standard paper gasket is in your thickness range. I have one of Andy’s covers and a roller cam in my hemi and not that the roller buttons are bad I would recommend using a comp nylon button and you can use superformance gasket or whatever gasket you choose and just set the end play where you want by filing down the button.

Last edited:
Fyi,
I used a comp nylon button, it required clearancing around the 3 bolt cam and fit kind of loose in my Hughes roller but I thought it was ok after measuring/setting my clearance.
I dont think it fell out when reinstalling my aluminum cover, but the slop in the boss of the cam & the dowel allowed it to work its way out, but it caused a major failure and allowed the cam to walk forward and chew the backside of the cover.

20210623_151443.jpg 20210623_151649.jpg

View attachment 1211820 View attachment 1211821 Superformance gaskets are too thick for what your needing a regular standard paper gasket is in your thickness range. I have one of Andy’s covers and a roller cam in my hemi and not that the roller buttons are bad I would recommend using a comp nylon button and you can use superformance gasket or whatever gasket you choose and just set the end play where you want by filing down the button.
On andys site he claims a 031 gasket will give me 010 clearance,if they make 022 on up they should have one to put me in the 007 range correct?

On andys site he claims a 031 gasket will give me 010 clearance,if they make 022 on up they should have one to put me in the 007 range correct?

I used a .047 superformance gasket and a new comp cams nylon cam button so I can’t say for a different type button. I did have to grind down the button to get to my target of .008 end play
using Andy’s cover and a roller timing set with the thrust washer on the cam gear.

I used a .047 superformance gasket and a new comp cams nylon cam button so I can’t say for a different type button. I did have to grind down the button to get to my target of .008 end play
using Andy’s cover and a roller timing set with the thrust washer on the cam gear.
ok,are all the timing chain holes the same where the button goes in,our hemi has a rollmaster,the old buttone was aluminum and it wore and ate the cover,I like anys cover,I think I may try your setup on ours,thanx for the info

Yes they are the same as they fit on the camshaft gear register. The button fits good and I can’t see how it would ever come out with .007-.008 clearance I did have to make three small notches in the button for clearance for the cam gear bolts and you will want to use the ARP 12 point head cam bolts as they are a smaller diameter.

Yes they are the same as they fit on the camshaft gear register. The button fits good and I can’t see how it would ever come out with .007-.008 clearance I did have to make three small notches in the button for clearance for the cam gear bolts and you will want to use the ARP 12 point head cam bolts as they are a smaller diameter.
Thanx for all your info

was there any issues with the cover itself?

Auto Transport Service
Back