• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Tire size question

Does it look like yours has been trimmed? The wheels sit very close to the front of the opening on these cars. Strange, but then again, these machines were designed with 14" wheels.

No it doesn't look familiar.... yours has much nicer paint!!!

64cubed, with your wheels pointed staight ahead. How many fingers can you fit between the tire and fender down at the front bottom edge?

Well Im new here on B bodies so first I wanna say Hello!
Seems like a great place to hang out and I recognize a few members here from moparts. Like Ron and Big Mike. Well my question is about rear tire size on my
64 Polara. I have 225/60/15's all around on 7 inch rims. I was thinking of going to 8's with some black steels like Ron on his 63 but I think I'm going to cheap out and just put some bigger tires on the 7 inchers I already have. My 2 choices
are 255/60 or 275/60 Im a bit worried that the 275's will rub though.
I know you have some 29x10.5 on your Fury Ron but after really looking at the room I have Im just wondering if those would fit I dont have the stock rear end I think its out of a 68 b body which I heard is 3/4" each side wider .any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Jeff

a 225 tire is 8.86 inches wide.
a 275 tire is 10.83 inches wide.

as you car sits now you would need to have 1" clear on each side for the 275's to fit. I got my math from this website - http://www.sciencemadesimple.com/length_conversion.php

Auto Transport Service
Back