• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Tire ??

19mopar65

Local time
11:44 PM
Reaction score
So I'm really not sure what way to go I have a 65 Satellite with a mild built 440 and would like to race the car once and a while but can't decide if I should get some cheap steel wheels and burn through street tires till the sun goes down or if I should invest in actual drag tires? I do know that the drag tires will be faster and stick better than any street tire ever would. I'm just kinda lookin for opinions......THANK YOU

Well, street tires can be your weak link in your drivetrain and can maybe keep you from breaking parts. Stickies on the other hand might cause something else to become "the weakest link".

Get a pair of MH cheater slicks and use them for both street/strip

If or when you go with a pair of cheater slicks could you let me know what size they are and maybe a pic or two. One day I will be getting a set to run on the street and would like to see how they look/fit. My 65 Coronet will be 98% strip car but want to take it to a few local cruise in/shows but would like to keep that "Super Stocker" look and be legal to drive on the street.

Auto Transport Service
Back