• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Title

Status
Not open for further replies.
Imagine that it is Jimi or is it??????
Yes, my name is Jim......just Jim legally, not James.....named after NY Senator Jim Stevens through my Uncle Jim. So, aluminaughty born jim. Have been published as jimi buff-it,, Auto Graphics, Aug/Sept., 1997..........not that i get what my name has to do with price of ****.
Asshole that i am, i gave myself the Bladecutter.....since i work my *** off cutting propeller blades...both airworthies & art expressions.

look,can we just let it go...??
theres really no need for a constant circle jerk on random various threads..
i posted both those vids earlier trying to imply that very point....
and i think people misunderstood..
so ill clarify.....they werent posted for dave....
Russ,

While I read your words above and agree....guess who is continuing....and I am sure BC will quote this post and continue....:realcrazy:

Classic trend, eh?

Russ,

While I read your words above and agree....guess who is continuing....and I am sure BC will quote this post and continue....:realcrazy:

Classic trend, eh?
All i did was answer Your post quoted on me...
...youre the one who brought the vin tag issue back out of the bottom drawer.

If the price was right I would check to see if the car came up stolen or titled to someone else. If not I would title it as a custom. I don't know how things work in your state, but it's not difficult to find out what it would take to title it. Best to ask someone who knows.

And LEGAL.....it has been investigated......putting the feds onto Him turned no foul. Chrysler is still in bed.
"Historical History"
Just who put the feds onto him?

Was not me.......

Last edited:
In Michigan you can get an assembled vehicle title and they assign a new vin number, not sure I would want that but if the car was cheap enough it might make sense.

Just who put the feds onto him?

Was not me.......
No, and i did not mean to imply You, Truly.....but done it was, and an investigation in to the vin replacement business has gone down.......logistics with DOT reviewed.......No problems with DOT.
Relationship with Chrysler is solid, on even keel.

I will go to the title place tomorrow and see what i can come up with
Arizona, at least with kits, reconstructs..issues a NEW VIN #, as with this Alphabet phake Pherrari 250 GTO on a 1976 Datsun 280 Z in attachments....the roller is assigned its own VIN & titled as a
1962 Alpha GT.......
NO SMOG....not even a pcv mandated........how bitchin is THAT!

20160321_111947_resized.jpeg 20160321_112525-1-1_resized.jpeg 20160321_174311_resized_1.jpeg 20151204_094108_resized.jpg

A thought, if You have Triple A, start through them to see what they can formulate....maybe nothimg, or they may be able to start an application and set the DMV inspection appts. For......just more pleasant dealing with as much of as possible, outside of DMV. Triple A here im Cali cannot do registration status changes...like going from private reg to commercial reg, vica versa, but as said, they may be able to initialize the paper train for You.

In Michigan you can get an assembled vehicle title and they assign a new vin number, not sure I would want that but if the car was cheap enough it might make sense.

I'd still think it was better than a "tribute".

If it is missing the dashboard VIN I would be worried that the VIN was sold and now resides on another car. I would bet if you tried to title the car you would find out that car is already titled. Alternately, you might title it successfully only to find someone else goes to title a car with the same VIN. Either way, you could get tied up with legal hassles after you have put a lot of money into the car.

As others have said my opinion is: Walk away unless you plan to either get a new VIN or use it as a race car only.

Walking away would probably be the smartest and easiest solution. In this case without a vin tag, I'm not sure if you could even get a bonded title???

I would look at it as a -parts- car. After all that's what it has become by having it's nuts cut off.

I'm forever amazed at those that want to bring back the dead hoping for a price that likely will be far less than the total value of the scraps left if sold in pieces.

To jump through hoops chasing a few bucks and many headaches is not what I see as fun in a car hobby.

Last edited:
Don't know about your state but I've been down that road (missing VIN), if it's like Ohio don't bother with the DMV and go straight to the State Trooper inspection station. Here in Ohio anytime there's issues regarding VIN's it's an inspection station issue and only they seam to have any answers. If you do choose to go to the DMV you might talk to someone at the main office seeing how the small town offices don't see enough of these cases to answer questions.

I'm my case I was able to get a state issued VIN for my car, they fully inspected the car to confirm that the trunk and rad support VIN's were never tampered with and installed a new VIN. Now titled as a self built 2013 dodge, people like to complain about state issued VIN's but there's 1 more 69 Charger back on the road that would have been discarded otherwise.

My original statement to walk away is because there's always a risk that they'll find something to put the car in question at which point they'll destroy the car (or at least that's what they told me). Good luck

before you decide to pass,
i would agree with the suggestion to at least first go ask a Statie.
to run the Vin.
on an old car deal like this they will usually help you,not hinder you.

Then go to Dmv,with whatever you got from the staties,
see if they can id the last time it was reggied.
if it was long enough ago,youll be golden and need a bill of sale.
if it was recent,youll have to do some legwork or pass on the car.

i also agree with going to a dmv with clerks you know or is a fairly competent one.
if the wrong clerk gets ahold of it,it could be a giant ball of poo.

all this being said,is the body solid??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back