• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

To all the Red X’s out there

Agree... disagree... whatever. Nobody agrees with someone all the time. Red-x my post all you want, I don't care. But, at least have the COURAGE to explain your viewpoint.
Just for fun :thumbsup:

Smiley Red X -Big Red X-.jpg

I usually Ignore them types of people anyway, when I get them
I earn a few I'm sure
Everyone is got an opinion, some are actually right too

I rarely give them out, unless asked for
or a few select guys that were all mostly banned now,
youz guyz knowz themz types

if you do it, at least have the balls/spine to explain why
your side of the argument or point of view
unless it's obviously needed/earned/asked for, of course :lol:

Smiley Red X's 3-strikes.jpg

or just skip or just 'pass on by' their posts, let them all talk to each other
that's what they want
they aren't even worth the effort or grief

Last edited:
that'd be a 340 :poke: or a demon
I’ve only given a few, just because I know it upsets certain people. I on the other hand think they’re great to receive. Just shows the person giving it doesn’t have anything of value to respond with. Funny, you didn’t mention anyone on your team? Where did my 160 something come from?

What am I missing? The red X just means you disagree with whats said, right? Nothing wrong with disagreement...in fact, if the majority agrees with you all of the time, your statement [at minimum] represents the LCD...so a disagreement aint necessarily a bad thing!
I can say "I like green cars" and many will disagree with me - fine. I'm kind of new/very amateur at this internet and forum thing, so would someone 'splain to me why the red X is such an issue?

In Saudi, But, for dinner, we'd have a dish we came to call "shish-ta-kitty", since that would be prevalent in our diet for a couple of weeks.
Oh man, what I would'nt do for some shish tawook at the hotel al-yamama right now!
al-yamama-hotel-111308.jpg

It’s more than a “I just disagree with you”. Hell, I would have thousands of those by now. The server would be overloaded if that’s all it was.
It can range in meaning from a simple “I STRONGLY disagree with you” to a passive aggressive “**** you!”
It carries different weight depending on who gives it. There are those who give them and I value and cherish them because I find them and their opinions repugnant , to those who give them and I carefully reconsider what I’ve said. The same could be said for the few I’ve given: they value them because they find me and my views repugnant. That’s why I don’t give them out anymore.
Your results may vary.

Last edited:
What am I missing? The red X just means you disagree with whats said, right? Nothing wrong with disagreement...in fact, if the majority agrees with you all of the time, your statement [at minimum] represents the LCD...so a disagreement aint necessarily a bad thing!
I can say "I like green cars" and many will disagree with me - fine. I'm kind of new/very amateur at this internet and forum thing, so would someone 'splain to me why the red X is such an issue?
IMHFO
for what it's worth

my take on it here

But it's not used like just, 'you disagree' or that dreaded big red X
with lil' no rhyme or reasoning
unless it's the 99% normal people here, respond as to why they disagree
sometimes it's a mistake, fat fingers on a phone ap
sometimes like a select few in this thread, it's just for fun, people asked for them
so we comply :poke:
many are just for spite/out of spite,
a few of the regular subjects (you'd know if you seen it)
they've even came out & said as much,
that's why they do it or answer like they do
it's only to mess with people or to just start ****/trouble,
then run & hide, like cowards

some here use it as a weapon, never post much or help much
or even anything car related or photos of their alleged car
just doing it to mess with people
know as flyby Red X's especially, a good 1/2 dozen of them (members) or so

most here don't get all butthurt about it either
much of it is an inside joke 'so to speak/type' (sort of)
it's just looked at (on forums) just a common courtesy, to tell why
partially because;
sarcasm pranks needling for fun or out of spite
or just a minor disagreement, reality
doesn't come across well 'in typing/print'

***an example;
Someone posts a thread about;
8" Dog Dish/Poverty Cap, what do you think ?

I think body-colored painted steel wheels & using poverty caps
is the only way to go or the only good look on these cars...
It's how they came from MaMoPar :blah:

a response;
***I hate or really dislike body-colored painted steel wheels
& poverty caps/Dog Dish hubcaps...

I think it's way overdone, most got them originally,
only ''because it was at no extra cost the cheapest available
& they all mostly took them off
& just stored them for decades' on end, in a corner of the garage...
Only until they became more valued "collector car/s",
then the newest fad/trends & all OE equipment 'as from the factory',
it has to or needs to be on them or nothing else"...
"in their minds"

I like a lil' bling, day 2 cars better, nice tasteful wheel & tire choices
lil' more meat a lil' bigger diameter, 15" min., maybe some vintage
polished Halibrand kidney slots or Crager SS... :blah:

But I don't go around giving everyone that does or doesn't likes them
a big red X
like some here will/have & would do, regularly
Especially not without telling/explaining to them,
the very that posted something like my example above, people why...
I'd still very rarely do it, even then...
***like I did above
or
I just skip by thread or ignore it...
Like normal members/people do...

hope that helps you understand, more or why

Last edited:
I'm sure all your X's you received were unintentional like mine.......
Oh heck no they weren't - but quite a few were arbitrarily pulled out of thin air by powers that be....

Well, I haven't been here long and recently got my 1st red X. From a member with 3 posts in almost 10 years. I guess he/she has more to say about what I have to say than they have to say. Or something like that. Anyway, I'm sleeping just fine!

Well, I haven't been here long and recently got my 1st red X. From a member with 3 posts in almost 10 years. I guess he/she has more to say about what I have to say than they have to say. Or something like that. Anyway, I'm sleeping just fine!
Welcome to the club! :bananaweed:

It’s more than a “I just disagree with you”. Hell, I would have thousands of those by now. The server would be overloaded if that’s all it was.
It can range in meaning from a simple “I STRONGLY disagree with you” to a passive aggressive “**** you!”
It carries different weight depending on who gives it. There are those who give them and I value and cherish them because I find them and their opinions repugnant , to those who give them and I carefully reconsider what I’ve said. The same could be said for the few I’ve given: they value them because they find me and my views repugnant. That’s why I don’t give them out anymore.
Your results may vary.
OK, I understand. I will be more careful in the future...
But like the new thread on 'best looking car ever made'... I'm not going to bother 'red Xing' everyone who disagrees with my assessment - it is their inalienable right to be wrong ya know - yet Ive already gotten one. {?} So eff me for having superior aesthetic sensibilities?
I shall be more careful using the X in the future; in fact, it strikes me that here - as elucidated by Mr Budnicks and other - it should only be used in extreme cases of idiocy, bad taste, or incorrect technical advice/claims, and that should be followed by a respectful, factual correction.
Think I get it now....

I've been getting the red X lately too. Just got one today on a year old post of mine. Last week it was on a 3 year old post. I been getting then on newer post too and of course never a reason. Always a red ghost X.

Auto Transport Service
Back