• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

to clone or not to clone

to clone or not to clone

• Total voters
wow i love your car
i needed that now i got's motivation
i am working on posting pics of mine hopfullt in a few min

1st,,,,thanks:grin:
I bought this car over 25 years ago.Originally it was a slanty with 3 on the tree.When I bought it,ithad a 440,it was mini-tubbed with the springs moved in and a dana 60 with a spool.It also had a max wedge scoop.Back then there were no clones,tributes,recreations or anything like that.
The car has morphed into the vision of what I wanted since the summer nats at National Speedway on Long Island.Every fast car on the property had a HEMI,the fastest all had blown hemi's.This is when I got,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

HEMI-ITIS

i love the hemi's also
ya never know in a few yrs i might have one in the coronet
i am keepin an eye open for one dont expect to find anything
but hey ya never know

1st,,,,thanks:grin:
I bought this car over 25 years ago.Originally it was a slanty with 3 on the tree.When I bought it,ithad a 440,it was mini-tubbed with the springs moved in and a dana 60 with a spool.It also had a max wedge scoop.Back then there were no clones,tributes,recreations or anything like that.
The car has morphed into the vision of what I wanted since the summer nats at National Speedway on Long Island.Every fast car on the property had a HEMI,the fastest all had blown hemi's.This is when I got,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

HEMI-ITIS

You mean thats not an original survivor? Who,d a thunk it.

You mean thats not an original survivor? Who,d a thunk it.

Ya know i thought it was an original blower...

True story: I gave a fellow tech student a ride in my coronet back when i got in (99). The previous owner installed a 383 and put a super power shot on it. He also put the NOS name plate on the inside passenger door. The sticker on the deck lid. Anyways that kid I gave a ride to said " Wow this thing has factory NOS???". I looked at him and seen he was serious. I laughed and said naw man. I was thinking, heres someone dumber than me...lol

Sweet car though HEMI-ITIS

BTW,that summernat was in 1971.I knew someday I would have a fast mopar!

Attachments

• CP Garage 7.16.12 022.jpg
    162.9 KB · Views: 189
  • 2009-04-24-1723-17_edited.jpg
    2009-04-24-1723-17_edited.jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 194
hell yes looking good as always :headbang:

got any videos on the net of that beast running

I don't like to see clones. I would leave it a "440". Give it a killer drive train and paint job and I think you'll be more proud than making it somethig it's not.

This is a real decision for me

I have a 69 Coroent 440 with a hot 440 in it. It's in the paint shop now. It already has dual hood scoops and side scoops which are being painted the same color as the car. I left the holes in the side in order to reinstall the aluminum side trim. I want to do a tail stripe and put the R/T on the side scoops, but then I struggle with the side moldings. To clone or not to clone. I'm torn..... I kind of like the side trim.. it's different.

Rusty

i was thinking about doing the bumble bee strip on the rear cause i rilly dig it
but i was thinking about having a bee flexing it's muscles wearing a shirt that say's
WANNA BEE

Have you seen this decal somewhere? I like that idea.

i have not but i can get some made if i do that
it just popped in my head the other day kinda thought it would be neat
i was assumimg it has been done befor?

i might just do that since it's not a super bee
but it has a 383 in it now it's gonna be all muscle when i am done
there it is since i dont have a super bee i have a wanna bee lol

I voted for super bee, but then again I have always wanted to either get a super bee or find a coronet to clone into one.

I like the 440 model just because you don't see many. I like the extra trim. But make it what you want. And...that car is paid for, doesn't cost a thing to sit in the garage. I've sold off cars to pay bills. And the bills are always there. If you have a good solid foundation to start with , keep it. You'll get there.

clone it

bought a 65 pontiac tempest in the spring no one noticed it ...have to set it on fire to get any interest ...6 months later it a GTO have to beat them off with a stick ...I tell everyone that asks what it really is ... I just like the look and the impression of the muscle car ...your money do what makes your day ..you only get so many

Attachments

• gto carlisle 033.jpg
    83.8 KB · Views: 147
68 440

hi Bear R.- here.id leave it.i mean tinting the windows or throwing some mags on it is one thing but,its a regular 68 coronet 440.its prob.pretty rare,but,like people have told me and others.its your car do what you want w/it.you only live once ."live"it.so,decisions shoudnt be so tough .if you want to do somthing else to it "do it".dont worry what we think.you have to be thinking this or you whouldnt be havin a vote.so do it if thats what your thinking .and God Bless you and Your Family.Bear R.-.:poke:

I would personally either do an R/T clone or leave it as a Coronet 440. The car being a hardtop and all 68 Super Bees being post cars would kill the Bee idea in my mind. As much as I love Super Bees, I couldn't get by the missing post.

First off I have to say it is your life, your money. So have fun!!! Go for it! Just please don't set it on fire or wreck it for a shitty B movie :). LOL

I've seen this discussion before. Kinda sticky. You may need to do a rally dash right? Kind of a pain. And you need to be forward in selling a Bee clone because of all the little things that you have to do to make it one.

I bought a 440. Long story short it seemed like a perfect candidate for a cool car. Cool over Clone. I like your wanna bee idea. I actually like that sort of thing better than a clone - unless may be it is an emaculate full clone.

Do whatever you want. Clone seems like tons of time and $$$$$$ to me.

good point ctmopar
gives me something to think about
same body as a bee or r/t
maybe i will drop in a 440 and keep it a 440
that makes scence to me lol
i have a long ways to go befor i get to that point but might start picking
up parts here and there i would like to find a niced split bench with center counsle but i refuse to pay what they are getting for origanal stuff
i think i am just gonna make it how i want

Yes! That is what I am doing. A ratty 440 is perfect for it! You get all of the base body (potential) with out tearing up somebodies hard work/dream and with out jeopardizing an R/T or a Bee.

Auto Transport Service
Back