• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

to Cop, or not to Cop...

To Cop, or not to Cop...

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
But a GTX doesn't look sinister say like an A12 road runner does.....they are high trim and purty cars. :D

i agree but i still like them alot. plus i sold them to marpar. so maybe my vote shouldnt count. lol

Hell, if you already have both sets; change them out depending on your mood. I like them both and judging by the poll results it's a split decision mostly.

So you bought usarunners wheels very cool

Si Senioreno .. Cop wheels and chrome lugnuts

I like Magnum 500's too but not the knock offs

I like the Magnums (sans spinners) for the X, but the red reveal from the drums throws it off with the blue car, IMHO.

If black rims are what you want, I would get some 15x7's solid steel rims from a late 70's boat. I used to do cop wheels, but they just said wrong to me on a 60's car. (slots)I will admit up front I am Installing 15x6.5 steel rim from a 77' C body, painted the color of my GTX with the 67' hubcaps, but I'm biased toward's chrome road wheels. They came that way.

thanks for all the thoughts, guys! keep em comin...

here she is with the caps...

Photo0419.jpg

Here's the solution.

Front Driver - Cop wheel no cap
Rear Driver - Cop wheel w/ cap
Front Pass - Mag no spinner
Rear Pass - Mag w/ spinner

When you are in the car you won't even really see them. When you are out of the car only stand where you can see one wheel at a time. Depending on your mood determines where you stand. Everybody wins.

The COPS for sure, makes it look bad asssssss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I like the 68 Chrome "Road Wheels" {aka generic name Magnum 500's} Vs the plain Cop wheels myself... to each their own thou

I don't think I can give you a fair opinion!

Attachments

• sideview GTX 001.jpg
    sideview GTX 001.jpg
    109.3 KB · Views: 135
I do like the "poverty dog dish hubcaps" on the cop wheels, better than no poverty caps, but still like the appropriate "Road Wheels" much better, a little more bling/chrome... It ain't my car thou... I prefer a polished alum. or chrome wheel, usually an aftermarket wheel personally...

How about Magnums with Bullseye centers? Especially if we are talking 15X8s

OK, it looks like I am the only one here who likes the spinners. My 64 Polara 500 had them from the factory and it was the only one I had ever seen with spinners until I saw these pictures. They were not that common back in the day and that's why I like them.

OK, it looks like I am the only one here who likes the spinners. My 64 Polara 500 had them from the factory and it was the only one I had ever seen with spinners until I saw these pictures. They were not that common back in the day and that's why I like them.

EXACTLY!! that's why I had them on there!!

So i took her out for her first spin of the year, and im liking the rims more and more....

Photo0420.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back