• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

to cover or not?

T-in-Canada

Local time
4:55 AM
Reaction score
should you put a car cover on the car if it is stored in a garage during the summer? The garage has a concrete floor and the car cover said it is triple layered breathable fabric, moisture resistant material.

That is a good question! Lots of covers are nothing more than plastic tarps, and breathing is important. I'm sure some of the "snobby-snob" mags have discussed this. The only thing I wonder about is the propensity of concrete to "wick" moisture up, and under the car. Not all slabs were poured with a moisture barrier. I also dont know if a "sealed" concrete would prevent this, or even just a plastic sheet. I'd like to hear others methods too.

I'd spend more money prepping my garage floor than on a car cover. First thing I did to my garage floor was seal it. If not only for keeping moisture out, to keep the dust down. Not to mention making int super easy to clean the floor in the event of an oil, antifreeze, brake fluid, tranny fluid, spills...

After that, I'd get a car cover with a high quality breathable fabric to keep the fly poop off. Dust and pollen wash off just fine.

Auto Transport Service
Back