• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

To tattoo or not to tattoo?

SteveSS

Local time
5:38 AM
Reaction score
I don't disagree with tattoos unless it's a really stupid face tattoo. They just never appealed to me personally. I can't think of anything I wouldn't regret later. Do you have them and can you show them?

I don’t have any tattoos. I have a lot of scars though. Anyone can buy a tattoo. Scars you have to earn.

The one of the first things that happens when you go to jail is that they take pictures of your tattoos.

Last edited:
Tattoos, piercings, and body mods.... are so unique, expressive, and individualistic. LOL

I can't think of any artwork that I'd want to hang on my walls forever, so I'm not about to decide on artwork that stays on my skin forever.

The most important thing to remember here is that they Are Pretty Much Forever!!! Your body I know, but why deface what God has made in his image? Self emulation to me is very much a demented result...IMHFO...cr8crshr/Bill:screwy::screwy::screwy::usflag::usflag::usflag:

Tatoos are a result of peer pressure, or a cry for attention.
Historically, pretty much all of them had a start in the criminal side of things in some form or another, varies depending on which part of the world you are from. Japan used them to mark which crime you did so the public would know just by looking at you, as a form of public shame which lasted the rest of your life. Notable crimes were put right on your forehead lol.

I just love the look of a tattooed older woman with droopy, wrinkly skin. It's hot!

barf-gif.gif

I happen to like them. I have seen some very nice art work. I have 7 the only one that shows is on my left forearm .
That one was ground in at a gas station in 1975 lol.
To me it's each person's choice.
Some have memorial tats for a passed on family member , friend , ect. Some are just simply art work.
The ( look at me factor ) is really not any different than someone driving a Ford Escape or a 1970 Road Runner.
Simply owners choice. I think mine makes me look kinda cute and a cry for attention all rolled up in one.
473750-d43a43dec22e8e84613c470b2d2ea93a.jpg

They are nothing special today. I don't have any tattoos. I don't get the allure? Paying some dude to draw on you?

Nothing weird about that? Lol

Lot of great comments and agree all around – to one extent – or the other. All one’s personal choice and theirs alone…excluding maybe a night of getting hammered with buds finding a tat the next morning you’re trying to remember having done.

When I was a kid got all enthralled by my uncle’s arm tattoo’s he got while in the Navy. When I said I want to get one, he was rather insistent I rethink the idea as he came to regret them. They way he said it, made me rethink on it and ever-after rejected the thought recalling his words. I’ve seen tat’s on old guys and gals…ahh, they don’t look so nice anymore.

Like Photon440’s reply – a memorable comment that sticks.

I do not know why anybody would deface their body with tattoos, rings in lips, tongues nostrils etc.

Tattoos were originally for sailors, so that they could recognise fellow sailors in foreign ports.

Never liked them, and now days so many people have them even those who like them can't stand out from the crowd. It is interesting that people schedule tattoo sessions months in advance and will pay $1500 for a less than great tattoo still tip a tattoo artist but bitch at a body shop who just perfectly blended the paint on a deer hit that happened a week ago because it cost too much.

Again, get them if you choose. I remember G. Gordon Liddy saying tattoos are like the caste system in India. It marks you as a certain member of society. That was 25 years ago though. I have seen some impressive tattoos it's the permanency that bothers me.

I do like a tramp stamp. Not on my girlfriend but on someone elses.
Gives you a target to shoot at!

:lol:

Auto Transport Service
Back